SVN2023 26 - Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Please send your CV and Cover Letter by email and mention the position name in the title.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). IOM is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. IOM has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment. Successful candidates will be subject to mandatory UN Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment clearance check prior to receiving an offer.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Under the Direct supervision of the Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant and general supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules and procedures. In particular, the incumbent will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Provide procurement, logistical and administrative support in a timely and efficient manner in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services for efficient field operations.
2. Assist in drafting and preparing tender documents (e.g. Invitation to bids, Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations) including bid evaluations based on the nature of the requirements and cost of procurement involved.
3. Obtain quotations/proposals and ensure submission within required timeframe.
4. Coordinate with end users in the review and evaluation of quotations/proposals against the specifications/terms of reference/statement of work and in consideration of best value for money.
5. Prepare case presentation for review and verification of appropriate review bodies, explaining the nature and purpose of the requirement, the procurement process undertaken, the recommendations and basis for award and ensure full compliance to the IOM Procurement Manual;
6. Prepare and issue Purchase Orders/Supply or Service Contracts.
7. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions and orders and perform follow up actions to ensure supplies/services reach field operations in good and complete order and delivered according to project implementation schedule and required technical specifications/terms of reference.
8. Maintain records of all processed transactions ensuring that an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, copies of records of expenditure, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept.
9. Support Supply Chain Officer in creating, maintaining, and enforcing medical procurement guidelines in cooperation with the Migration Health Division HQ, CDC and other donors to standardize, streamline and facilitate procurement of medical supplies, equipment and services for MHD Operations.
10. Prepare procurement monitoring reports and documents as required
11. Prepare Request for Payment for submission to Accounts Payable Unit for timely processing of payment to vendors.
12. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
VALUES - All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES - Behavioural indicators – Choose a level.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Proficiency in SAP, MS Office applications such as Word and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as, PowerPoint and Visio will be helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints, accurate and detail oriented.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.