Psychotherapist - South
Upon submission, please include "Psychotherapist - South" in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted selection will be based on receiving funding.
“Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.”
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status. International Medical Corps does not ask for financial details, money transfers or payments of any kind from applicants to be considered for or secure a job.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Period of Performance: 1st of November 2020 till 31st March 2021
Level of Effort: The Consultant will work according to the deliverables listed below.
Background: The International Medical Corps Mental Health Department provides Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) consultations through its case management teams located in Bekaa, South, Akkar, Akkar, Beirut and Mount Lebanon. International Medical Corps also aims to advocate for mental health, by promoting community based interventions through the youth and caregivers. Additionally, it provides awareness sessions on mental health topics, ECD, YEP, parenting skills, community support group activities. Moreover, International Medical Corps continues to provide mental health trainings and support the National Mental Health Program, with the MoPH.
Purpose: The purpose of this scope of work is to support the procurement of the services of Psychotherapist to provide psychological support, psychotherapy session to displaced Syrians, other refugees when needed and members of the host community at the different IMC supported clinics/PHCs.
Task Description: Consultant will serve as the Psychotherapist project’s activity in South. Specifically, Consultant will complete the following tasks:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide psychological assessment and psychotherapy to displaced Syrians, other refugees when needed and members of the host community in the different locations/clinics were IMC is intervening
- Provide psychosocial support – groups and individuals – to trauma survivors and conflict-affected persons.
- Work directly with the social worker and the psychiatrist to develop intervention plans and follow up at the home level.
- Provide regular feedback to the Case Management (CM) team especially the social worker regarding the follow up of the cases and progress of therapy.
- Provide direct support and guidance to the social worker on common cases.
- Complete intake assessments, evaluations, treatment recommendations, reviews, and other documentation as necessary.
- Keep track of patient numbers/cases through IMC outpatient records, to be submitted at the end of every month.
- Make necessary and timely referrals when needed.
- Attend weekly or biweekly meetings including the technical meeting with the rest of the CM team.
- Report directly to IMC MHPSS Manager.
- Attend regular meetings, working sessions and trainings organized by IMC.
- Take part in research activities, mapping exercises or assessments based on mutual consensus with the IMC management team.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Specialized Trainings are a plus.
- Fluent in spoken Arabic and good knowledge of English language.
- Previous NGO experience is a plus.
- Personal interest in educational and mental health issues.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Willing to adhere to clinic schedule.
Deliverables/Due Dates/Payment Schedule:
- Submit outpatient record and monthly consultant periodic report of the work executed at the end of each month.
Four working days/ month in South area, one working day is equivalent to 5.5 hours
In case of phone consultations: Every 9 phone consultations will be will be equivalent to one working day even if not performed on the same day. The payment rate that will be followed is as the one listed on the consultant’s agreement. In case the consultant did less than the mentioned number of consultations, she will receive a percentage of their daily allowance equivalent to the number of sessions provided.
The above mentioned hours and days can be subject to change due to several factors such as non-scheduled appointments of the beneficiaries, no show up of beneficiaries, weather and road conditions, and consultants justified absenteeism. Additional days might also be requested to respond to the increased demand. Therefore, the program shows flexibility in the number of working days and/or hours/month where the consultant coordinates with the MHPSS manager in each area to approve any change and compensate for the missed days/hours when needed after discussion with program coordinator/budget holder.
Location of Work: Consultant resides in Beirut, Lebanon and will conduct his work in South.
- South Lebanon