National Project Officer- NOA
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The International Labour Organization - Regional Office for Arab States (ILO-ROAS) has recently
launched a project aimed at supporting the Government of Lebanon and social partners in
developing a National Employment Policy to address employment challenges and support
decent job creation for recovery.
With RBSA funds, the ILO will provide technical guidance and support to the Central
Administration of Statistics in Lebanon (CAS) to conduct a follow-up tracer survey to the 2018-19
Labour Force and Households’ Living Conditions Survey (LFHLCS); and develop with tripartite
constituents a National Employment Policy for Recovery based on thorough analysis of the
employment and labour market situation in the country.
The National Project Officer will work under the direct supervision of the ILO ROAS/Decent Work
Team Senior Employment Policy Specialist and will coordinate with other concerned technical
specialists as needed.
Description of Duties
- Support effective implementation of the RBSA project through monitoring project implementation and ensuring adherence to plan of activities and timelines.
- Review and provide quality control of project deliverables as well as analytical inputs in support of the Employment Policy formulation process.
- Conduct research and analysis on the Lebanese labour market and economy to support analytical work on employment in Lebanon.
- Participate in the organization and delivery of meetings, workshops and training activities, and prepare relevant concept notes, presentations and other training materials, as appropriate.
- Draft TORs for consultants and follow-up on needed outputs and deliverables.
- Prepare technical progress reports as required to detail project implementation, achievements and lessons learnt.
- Liaise with relevant ILO DWT specialists, tripartite constituents and other relevant stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Follow-up on recommendations and comments received from relevant ILO officials as well as relevant constituents on project-related outputs.
- Provide summary reports of meetings held, with a focus on relevant conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide data and information on project activities for use in programme and budget discussions.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
First level University degree in economics or related field
At least two years of professional experience at the national level in the area of research and data
analysis. Working on labour market-related issues with national or international organizations
would be an advantage.
Excellent command of both English and Arabic
Candidates interested in the position should consider that the nine core competencies of the ILO, listed below, may be evaluated during the selection process: Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change, Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation and Collaboration. Among these nine competences, the following are of particular importance for this position: Customer Orientation, Communications, Collaboration
- Sound knowledge of the labour sector, employment and labour economics;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people with diplomacy;
- Ability to coordinate activities and work well in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Ability to effectively identify and address constituents’ needs.