Operational Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Officer
If you are interested in this position, please apply here:
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 192 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergences in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade. The IFRC Secretariat has a decentralized structure: five regional offices (each with several CCST and country offices reporting to it) covering the globe and responsible for frontline delivery through National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, backed by the Secretariat HQ based in Geneva. As one of the five decentralized parts of the Secretariat, the MENA Regional Office (MENARO) based in Beirut; Lebanon supports 17 national societies in the region. The MENA Disaster and Crisis prevention, response and recovery (DCPRR) unit within the MENA regional office and works with one regional plan as well as provides the technical support & quality assurance to country cluster support teams and country offices. The MENA DCPRR unit has articulated its alignment with the IFRC global 4 Strategies for Implementation and the relevant Areas of Focus. The regional function is in Beirut, Lebanon and to be a part of the DCPRR Unit. It will report directly to the Operations Coordinator for the MENA. Her/ his direct technical lead is the MENA PMER Manager.
The PMER officer has the primary task to support operational planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the MENA COVID-19 operations well as other operations as appropriate. This includes all actions to ensure quality and timely delivery of emergency appeal planning, and reporting documents (revisions, operation updates, pledge-based reports, among others), as well as monitoring and evaluation.
Furthermore, the PMER officer – together with the PMER team – will work with the Red Cross Red Crescent Societies involved in the operations and IFRC COs/CCSTs to improve PMER capacities that contribute to National Society competencies to ensure the compliance with IFRC planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Operational PMER responsibilities
- Support the revisions of emergency appeals and emergency plan of actions, as required, with a specific focus on the COVID-19 response.
- Responsible for the quality control edits required for the completion of operational narrative reports in compliance with the IFRC quality standards and timeliness to fulfil established deadlines.
- Ensure Documents’ coherence (plans and reports) with the financial documents (budgets and reports).
- Contribute the development of proposals for contributions and monitoring of donor pledges to the MENA operations, with a specific focus on the COVID-19 operation as required.
- Maintain of and act-upon a tracker of operational reports due and overdue in liaison with finance and PMER teams.
- Ensure close coordination with IFRC PMER team in Geneva secretariat , IFRC MENA Country teams, PMER and other technical units at the regional office and IFRC COs/CCSTs and relevant focal points from the movement partners.
National Society Development in PMER tasks:
- In coordination with the PMER team, work with the MENA Red Cross Red Crescent Societies involved in the operations to provide technical support (remote and in the field) for operational planning, monitoring and reporting with accountability and evidence-based outcomes as part of the PMER capacity strengthening planning.
Other PMER duties
- Maintain knowledge, understanding and use of the IFRC planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and procedures.
- Support the DCPRR team with other PMER related duties in other emergencies, as needed, to ensure business continuity
- Ability to deploy within the RC/RC structure emergency response personnel, as needed.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
University degree or bachelor’s degree in economic or social sciences or equivalent qualification – Required
- At least 5 years’ experience in working in a relevant role in a humanitarian context including at least 5 years of planning, monitoring and evaluation experience – Required
- Experience in developing monitoring and reporting systems – Required
- Demonstrated professional experience in an organization within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, or in an international organization or NGO – Required
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify problems and propose solutions – Required
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results – Required
- Highly organised and results focused – Required
- Strong inter-personal skills – Required
- Ability to build trust, develop, and maintain effective work relationships with sensitivity and respect for diversity and inclusive participation – Required
- Self-reliance, demand driven and able to test impact and results – Preferred
- Working relationships with networks of practitioners – Preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic – Required
- Proficiency in an additional IFRC language (French) – Preferred
Competencies and values
- VALUES: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES: Building Alliances; Empowering Others
- CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Pro-activity; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.