Infection Prevention & Control Trainer
Interested candidates should send their CV, Cover letter describing relevant experience and achievement, along with relevant certificates to [email protected] with "IPC Trainer" as the subject.
Humedica, founded in 1979 and situated in Kaufbeuren (Bavaria), is an international non-governmental organization funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. In Lebanon, humedica runs one Mobile Medical Units (MMUs) serving approximately 30 informal tented settlements (ITS) in the Bekaa valley, providing free primary health care and medication for Syrian refugees. In addition, humedica is supporting Primary Health Care Centers (PHCs) (under the administration of Ministry of Public Health) for both Lebanese and Syrian patients.
The trainer will be responsible of preparing and conducting infection prevention and control training for Mobile Medical Unit Staff working in the ITS and also for staff working in Health centers.
The trainer is expected:
- To provide a one-day training on IPC in November
- Develop the objective, syllabus and agenda for the training
- Prepare the training materials and presentation in English
- Cover the major IPC topics namely standard precautions, hand hygiene, disinfection and sterilization, waste management, sharp disposal, injections, employee health, cleaning of clinic and others.
- Develop exercises and case studies to help participants understand and transfer knowledge to practice
- Prepare training pre and post-test.
- Prepare training report
- Academic degree in MD, Nursing, or pharmacy
- Possession of a relative degree or certification in health specifically infection prevention and control
- Experience in designing and presenting training programs
- Knowledge and relevant experience in infection prevention and control
- Previous experience related to COVID-19 will be an asset
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic