Deputy Area Coordinator Aakkar
To be considered for this recruitment, CV including 2 professional supervisory references (whom we may contact after interview), motivation letter along with the date of availability should be sent to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The email subject line MUST include the following: “Deputy Area Coordinator Aakkar".
The Deputy Area Coordinator reports directly to the Area Coordinator. Under her supervision and the supervision of the Country Coordinator the work will be coordinated. The Deputy Area Coordinator should take decisions related to the accountabilities and tasks outlined below while coordinating directly with the Area Coordinator. Any decision beyond her/his realm or responsibility should be discussed with the Area Coordinator.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures effective operational management of the project area through supporting the Area Coordinator in oversight of and adherence to programme tools, logistics, communications, transport, human resources, and finance policies and procedures;
- Assists in effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of all activities and processes;
- Supports to ensure the development and implementation of all activities in line with Common Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and humedica programme policies;
- Proactively seeking funding opportunities to scale up and/or expand activities working closely with the Country Coordinator and Area Coordinator as well as the Programme Coordinators by identifying and undertaking assessments;
- Is strategically engaged with all technical sectors as needed and provide management and strategic input/oversight;
- Oversees and provides strategic support to programme teams;
- Participates directly in work of those supervised to provide hands-on training and support, inclusive of assistance in handling difficult situations;
- Provides support to the Area Coordinator and Programme Coordinators to solve implementation problems related to logistics, procurement and security;
- In absence of the Area Coordinator, the post holder will ensure all humedica guidelines and protocols are fulfilled and takes on the supervision of activities, logistics and finance issues as well as security matters;
- Ensures the compliancy with humedica procedures (logistic, finance, security);
- Ensures that the procurement, logistic and administration departments are efficiently managed;
- Assist in preparing internal and donors reports and other periodical reports as required.
- Supports the Area Coordinator in supporting staff and assuring a sound implementation of humedica’s staff policy;
- Participates in the Human Resources definition for departments and ensures the best candidates are selected for the implementation of activities;
- Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator drafts contracts, registers new staff for social security and health insurance;
- Together with the Area Coordinator and the Country coordinator assesses staff skills needs and organizes relevant staff trainings and upgrading sessions.
- Assures that equipment related to security is properly functioning, which includes check-up and maintenance procedures and timely replacement of equipment when necessary;
- Together with the Area Coordinator, monitors and analyses the political, socio-economic and humanitarian context in Akkar, and discusses with the Area Coordinator potential programmatic and strategic decision;
- Participates to ad hoc security coordination meetings in Akkar if required;
- Supports the consultation with aid agencies and other relevant stakeholders on the ongoing security situation as well as their security procedures.
Financial Management and Logistics
- Ensures close budget-follow up in coordination with the Programme Coordinators and Base Accountant;
- Supports in monitoring the financial, administrative and logistical management of the base (including the preparation and monitoring of budgets, accountancy, payments, tenders, fulfilment of procedures, movements etc.);
- Provides recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations (related to compliance, over and under expenditure) that impact budget adherence;
- Assists in monitoring monthly payment provision and petty cash;
- Follows up and supports the implementation of logistics procedures, policies and practices;
- Supports and follows up on the compilation and timely submission of the monthly logistics and administrative reports and accountancy to the coordination office;
- Together with the Area Coordinator follows up closely the relevance of any expenses and proposed cost reduction measures, together with the relevant coordinators;
- Ensure that all administrative and financial procedures in the base follow humedica standards and manuals and mission level memoranda.
Liaison and networking
- Attends liaison activities with the Government of Lebanon bodies in Akkar, which include registration procedures, preparation of agreements, preparation of documentation for permits;
- In coordination with the Area Coordinator and the Country Coordinator, represent the organization in coordination fora, with donors and with international and local agencies.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Pharmacy, Business, Sociology, International Development, Political Science, International Relations or any relevant field;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in the Humanitarian/development sector;
- Knowledge of project management including financial management tools, logistics and security management;
- Training and capacity building experience;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Fluency in English and Arabic language;
- Computer literate: Windows Domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, accounting program.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
- Regional and cultural knowledge of Akkar region is a plus;
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.