Program Development Manager (National Contract)
Humanity & Inclusion is seeking qualified and dynamic professionals candidate for Program Development Manager Position
Interrested candidate is invited to share the CV to [email protected] with the subject "PDM - 2023 ”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Last date for application is 19th of SEPTEMBER 2023
HI’s Middle East Regional Programme (MEREP) coordinates missions in 5 different countries (Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Iraq). The programme is covering the full mandate of HI – emergency, mine action and development with a strong focus on continuum and resilience. The program has a total volume expected for 2022 of 15M Euros with 250 staff and 120 volunteers.
There are 5 main sectors of intervention: rehabilitation, education, early child development, BANEREI (basic needs, economic recovery and economic inclusion) and armed violence reduction. Inclusion Humanitarian Action is both crosscutting within main sectors and sometimes a standalone intervention.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Under the authority of the Technical Head of Program, and in collaboration with the Regional Director, Country Managers and Operations Managers, the Regional Programme Development Manager (PDM) actively contributes to the development of the programme by designing, implementing and monitoring the fundraising strategy for the program to which he/she is attached. He/she identifies funding opportunities and leads the process of developing concept notes and project proposals through to submission to donors (public institutions, foundations and the private sector). The PDM also actively contributes to grant management and compliance. She/he manages one Grant Development Senior Officer, supporting proposals writing and two Grant Officers, supporting reporting and compliance.
Mission 1: Management
- Exemplary Manager: embodies HI's values on a daily basis, and is a role model.
- Meaningful manager: understands the strategy, makes it explicit, translates it into operational objectives for the team, leads the necessary changes. Gives meaning to each management action. Encourages inter and intra departmental exchanges of practice. Encourages innovation and risk-taking.
- Operational Manager: organises the operational management of his or her team, structures the work around identified processes, steers performance, and facilitates problem solving.
- Manager 1st HR & Coach: contributes to the development of its employees, creating the conditions to enable their commitment, their professionalism and their attachment to HI. Ensures compliance with the code of conduct of institutional policies, the state of mind and the expected individual and collective behaviour.
Mission 2: Strategic positioning & planning
- Observe donor strategies and priorities at country/regional level and monitor opportunities in order to anticipate calls for proposals and identify bidding opportunities
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the operational strategy, with particular focus on the
- fundraising action plan and internal project documents
- Ensure follow-up, implementation, and monitoring of the fundraising strategy
- Interact with identified donors to understand their perception of HI's current programming, and identify their areas of interest in order to target fundraising efforts
- Draw up a mapping of other humanitarian and development actors (INGOs, UN agencies, government
- representations) to monitor trends and remain competitive
- Analyse fundraising trends and inform the program on transformation rate, project coverage, duration and amounts secured
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, especially networking, monitoring of donor opportunities
- Liaise and mobilize adequate team members to support fundraising efforts (technical experts, programme director, etc). Organize regular meetings with programme/country directors
- Coordinate with other programmes/countries to gather and promote best practices, and facilitate dialogue with donors (for prospection/replication of activities)
Mission 3: Relationship management
- Work with the Program Director and Country Managers & Technical Unit to strengthen HI's attractiveness and influence, developing key relationships with relevant decision makers in, national and local organizations, donors and major international organizations;
- Develop active and quality working relationships with donors and strategic partners in the country identify potential consortium.
- Participate in various platforms and meetings on behalf of the DP to increase HI's visibility and allow for
- information gathering on funding opportunities
- Promote HI's technical positioning, approaches, know-how and skills within the relevant networks with a view to developing consortium agreements with the support of the Technical Unit.
- Develop supporting documents, such as "project sheets" and/or "donor sheets"; and develop new tools such as capacity statement
- Set-up a CRM policy and ensure that it is updated as necessary.
Mission 4: Proposal development
- Coordinate proposal development, distributing tasks among the key people involved the writing of the project proposal for submission to the donor, in accordance with HI's proposal writing process and tools (PD tool, project development tracking tool, etc.), including the development of: logical frameworks, MEAL plan, narrative description of technical approach, planning, staffing and budgeting
- Ensure coordination and triangulation framing with O², IPSO, HQ shared services, HQ PDO and technical staff and the HI mission
- Proactively coordinate the involvement and input of all relevant technical advisors (HQ and mission staff) for all proposal development
- Identify, where appropriate, relevant/competitive arrangements (consortia, multi-country projects, etc.) and facilitate negotiations;
- For consortia: ensure coordination and communication, and manage stakeholder input during project development;
- Review the project proposal/final concept note prior to submission for compliance with donor guidelines and expectations, consistency between the budget and the technical description, and overall quality;
- Proceed (if necessary) with the final submission of concept notes and project proposals to donors.
- Coordinate and collaborate with HI national associations (IPO/IPSO) for all relevant donor proposals
Mission 5: Capacity Building
- Develop training modules on proposal writing and project cycle management for all programmes’ staff and local partners when relevant
- Provide training on donor rules, regulations and strategies for all programmes’ staff involved in the writing of the proposals.
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities.
Note that this job description must remain flexible; to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced university degree from an accredited educational institution in international development, or other relevant fields is essential;
- A minimum of five years' relevant professional experience in similar positions, including at least 2 years in program development, is essential;
- Previous management experience is an asset;
- International experience outside one’s home countries is essential;
- Experience in the Middle East is an asset
- Proven proficient level knowledge of donors, donor contract analysis and strategic analysis skills are required;
- Proficient level of knowledge of donors, donor contract analysis and strategic analysis skills are required;
- Expert-level proposal and narrative report writing skills are required;
- Proficient level networking, representation, and negotiation skills are required;
- Experience in facilitation and/or design of training and skills enhancement programs, both face-to-face and distance learning is required;
- Financial and budgetary management skills are required.
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Handicap International is an equal-opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary for the position: The Program Development Manager position is going to be paid according to HI salary Grid.
Basic Salary starting USD 3090$
Closing date: 19/09/2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application should include CV and motivation letter. Incomplete motivation letters and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Interested candidates send their CV to [email protected] with the subject PDM-2023