Humanity & Inclusion is seeking qualified and dynamic professionals candidate for Accountant Position in Beirut
Interested candidate is invited to share the CV to [email protected] with the subject " Accountant -2023” and copy of your ID
First Applying First Served
Under supervision of Lebanon Finance Manager, operates the mission accounting practice in compliance with both the Lebanon legal framework and the framework defined by HI. She/ he strive to produce high quality of the missions accounting and those deadlines are met.
Reporting to: Lebanon Finance Manager
Interacts with: project team, logistics team, HR team
Missions / Responsibilities
Responsibility 1: to carry out accounting operations of the mission in compliance with HI and the donor’s procedures
Objective: to deliver accurate and timely accounting deliverables and that they are in compliance with HI and donor’s procedures
Benchmark: accounting closures are delivered timely and accurately, no recurrent comments from HQ accounting on the mission’s accounting, bank reconciliation are done accurately, banking and delegation signatures are updated at all time, accounting records are accurate, partner and bank circularization are provided during mid and end of the year closure, 0 finding in donor/ internal audit
- Registering financial transactions in NAV on daily basis with high accuracy in terms of GAP codes, financial codes and description
- Reconciling the bank transaction with bank statement on monthly basis
- Carrying out regular cash count with cashier
- Keeping in good contact with the bank management so as to ease relations and to get banking features which ease the work
- Identifying banking risk and raise to line manager as necessary
- Closing the accounting on monthly basis on the deadline agreed with the program deadlines
- Filing of accounting documents, including in scan-it as advised by HI procedures
- Leading mid and end of the year closure including providing accurate partner and bank circularization and other necessary administrative documents
- Updating banking delegation and commitment signature table as soon changes are identified
- Pulling out accounting documents from archive and make the scan/ copy for the auditor
- Provide accounting clarification as requested by auditor
- Ensure that all accounting processes are one in accordance with HI rules, regulations and standards
Responsibility 2: implementing the mission’s accounting practices in compliance with the government requirements
Objective: to produce accounting deliverables which follow the government requirements including payment of taxes
- Keeping updated in government accounting and taxation regulations
- Providing accounting clarification as requested by auditor
- Manage the VAT exemption when required
Responsibility 3: Carry out checking of partners accounting documents and their capacity building
Objective: to maintain the quality of partners’ financial documents and accounting practices in compliance with HI and donor’s procedures
Benchmark: partners’ capacity in accounting is assessed before agreement is signed, training and coaching are provided to partner before and during the cooperation period, partner’s accounting documents follow HI and donor standard, partner’s accounting practice is incompliance with HI and the donor’s
- Carrying out partner’s capacity assessment in accounting before the agreement is signed
- Carrying out partner’s training and coaching before and during the agreement
- Checking eligibility of partners invoices in compliance with HI and donor rules
- Recording expenses of the partners in Navision and settle the partners accounts
- Transferring money to partner after validation of transfer request upon validation of Project Manager/ Country Manager/ Regional Finance Manager
- Providing recommendations to the partners on what can be improved in the accounting documents, bank receipts, and accounting practices
- Participate in the audit of the partner when requested
Confidentiality is required in all these responsibilities
Note that this job description must remain flexible; to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate in the field of accounting or Finance
- Strong experience Accountancy and Finance (at least 3 years).
- Previous work experience with I/NGO.
- Fluent in English (French a plus)
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to support and train
- Good capacity in team work
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child. Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from woman and persons with disabilities.
Basic salary for the position: The Accountant going to be paid according to the experience and to HI salary Grid.
Basic Salary : Starting 1450 USD__ 1600 USD.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application should include CV and motivation letter. Incomplete motivation letters and applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Interested candidates send their CV to [email protected] with the subject “Accountant-2023”.