For more information, please contact Ms Nora Boyajian, Finance Manager a.i. at Hivos Beirut to be reached at [email protected]
Want to apply?
You can apply by 6 April 2020.
Both a letter of motivation and resume/CV need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to [email protected] with reference code 400-..
After the First Round, the selected candidates may be required to undergo a further assessment by the team and/or take a financial skills test.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
As a Financial Officer, you are responsible for the financial part of about 5 ongoing Hivos programmes and the development of budgets for new proposed projects. Your responsibilities include:
- Application of the Hivos risk based grant management procedures to assess financial capacity of partner organizations.
- Oversee that the Hivos risk based grant management procedures are well implemented.
- Assessment and monitoring of financial statements and reports of partner organizations, including the eligibility of supporting documents.
- Preparing financial reports for external auditors and donors and coordinate project audits from start to finish;
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and requirements
- Entering all relevant financial data into the project administration system.
- Drafting budgets and budget narratives for work plans and new proposed projects in cooperation with the project teams in Beirut. Budget should be cost-recovery and in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements.
You are answerable to the Regional Director Middle East and North Africa.
We are looking for a Financial Officer who can work under pressure and who is well organized, independent, critical, thorough, and consistent, and who has:
- Completed a relevant education, preferably in financial management and business administration.
- At least 3-year relevant work experience, with proven expertise in bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Advanced level and effective use of Excel to create spreadsheets encompassing financial and mathematical functions.
- Has experience with sensitive information or in closed environments
- Good communication and social interaction skills both verbally and in writing in English and Arabic.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Duty trips to partners might be included. Employment is offered as soon as possible for the period up to four months. Extension is possible, depending on performance and availability of funding. Your salary will depend on experience and relevant education and based on Hivos Beirut salary scale 9.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The Middle East and North Africa programme of Hivos contributes to political and societal processes that aim at societal transformation to pluralist and democratic societies with respect for human rights and equal opportunities for all citizens. It collaborates with a variety of stakeholders including citizen activists, entrepreneurs and civil society organizations both in the region and in the diaspora to promote respect for fundamental freedoms and enhance the space for citizen participation.