Social Worker (Tripoli)
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
Please mention in the subject the position you are applying for.
Emails without subject will not be considered.
Preference will be given to residents of the North Area.
Driving licence is mandatory
Contact Person Email:
Responsibilities And Obligations:
- Intervene with varied thematic in child maltreatment: emotional, physical, sexual abuse, neglect, child labor, marital conflicts, family dysfunction, children in need of alternative care, intercountry case management, etc.
- Coordinate with the psychologist (PSY) on entry-to-the-family strategies.
- Conduct a primary assessment of new cases along with the PSY resulting in clear outcomes related to abuse
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment for the cases of abuse analyzing protection’s parameters related to the situation of abuse.
- Plan a social intervention based on the appropriate method to the practice’s context.
- Conduct home visits with clear objectives.
- Refer families to appropriate services internal or external and other NGOs when needed.
- Accompany the child/family to forensic doctors, courts, other NGOs after the SCM's approval.
- Ensure a proper reception and documentation of new cases through the hotline.
- Coordinate with PSY and SCM on the progress of the cases on a monthly basis.
- Commit to documentation & reporting respecting deadlines and standards.
- Commit to:
- Meetings with children and families to planned schedule
- Meetings with colleagues
- Group initiatives that are intended to enhance performance: psychosocial workshop, brain storming meeting, supervision, team activitie
- Cover maximum two shifts outside himaya’s main offices
- Participate in all activities organized by himaya (staff care, Christmas, end of year gathering).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to manage pressure and complex situations
- Collaborate and coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge in child protection and implemented laws in Lebanon (personal status law, law 422/2002, law 293, law 220/2000, labor law, etc.)
- Assessment skills
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthetize information in order to apply and support intervention methods and techniques
- Ability to evaluate the impact of the intervention in line with the established objectives in the action plan
- Networking and coordination skills
- Research oriented
- Seek professional growth
- Undergo personal therapy (work on self)
- Critical thinking
- Ability to auto-observe and self-question on the ethics of the practice
19 Sep, 2023
Children & Youth
Tuesday, 26 September 2023
Period of Employment:
6 months, renewable based on funding
1200 to 1500 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
Bachelor’s degree in social work is a MUST (any other major will not be considered); master’s degree is a plus.
2 to 3 years
- North Lebanon