Training on COVID - 19
As part of the capacity-building component, a 1 day (full day) physical training and 1 webinar session for 2 hours on COVID19 prevention, symptoms, diagnosis, complications, impact, and dealing with COVID19 suspected and positive cases focusing on older people is planned to be conducted during in November 2020 to primary healthcare staff and front-liners involved in the project and to other humanitarian actors from different national and International NGOs to expand their knowledge and address the gaps identified during the project implementation
By the end of the training, healthcare providers and front-liners will have:
1- Improved knowledge on COVID19 risks, symptoms, complications, and impact particularly on older people.
2- Better understanding on the proper use of personal protective equipment and applying appropriate preventive measures at PHC and community levels.
3- The ability to use COVID19 screening tools of the Ministry of Public Health following WHO and the Ministry’s guidelines.
4- Improved knowledge on effective dealing and referrals of COVID19 suspected and positive cases.
5- Improved information and communication skills of correct awareness messages on COVID19 especially for older people.
6- Clear understanding on the necessity and importance of having complete beneficiaries’ files.
7- Better knowledge on the importance of actively engaging older people in activities at PHCs and in their communities through safe implementation in COVID19 context.
The training team will be working closely with the HelpAge International team in Lebanon to successfully deliver the COVID19 training in November 2020. The training sessions will be highly participatory and interactive using various training techniques such as brainstorming, interactive exercises, group discussions, role play, and others in addition to presentations.
1. Detailed agenda for the training (Arabic/English)
2. Training material including presentations, handouts and material used(Arabic/English)
3. Pre-post questionnaires (Arabic)
4. Training evaluation form (Arabic)
5. Training report including content, methods used, analysis of the pre-post questionnaires, evaluation of the training, general observation about the overall training and recommendations (English)
Required Skills and Competencies
- PHD, Master’s degree in Public health, health sciences, geriatrics, or related field
- Experience in working with NGOs/INGOs particularly in training
- Experience in conducting training and workshops at a regional level
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
How to apply
The trainer is requested to send an offer including a CV, training outline, methods to be used, and fees by the 30th of October 2020 to [email protected]Expired