All individuals interested in being part of this programming and who fit the criteria listed below should apply by sending an email to [email protected] under the subject “Policy Consultant”.
Women, trans*, and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Updated CV highlighting relevant experience.
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications and explaining your interest in the position.
- Samples of policy documents or writing samples, if available.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Policy Development: Lead the development and drafting of comprehensive policies in the following areas:
- Anti Fraud and Corruption Policy: Design a policy framework to prevent and address fraud and corruption within the organization, incorporating best practices and legal requirements.
- Conflict of Interest Policy: Formulate a policy that establishes guidelines and procedures for managing and disclosing conflicts of interest among staff, board members, and volunteers.
- PSEA Policy: Create a policy framework that safeguards individuals from sexual exploitation and abuse, ensuring a safe and respectful working environment.
- Whistleblowing and Integrity Policy: Develop a policy that encourages the reporting of unethical conduct, establishes protection mechanisms for whistleblowers, and ensures confidentiality and proper investigation procedures.
- Accountability for Affected Populations Manual: Design a manual outlining processes and protocols to ensure accountability and effective engagement with affected populations, incorporating feedback mechanisms and grievance redress mechanisms.
- Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough research, analysis, and benchmarking to ensure policies align with relevant laws, regulations, international standards, and best practices.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including senior management, program teams, legal counsel, and human resources, to ensure policy alignment with organizational goals and seamless integration into existing processes.
- Policy Implementation: Support the implementation of policies by developing accompanying procedures, guidelines, and training materials. Assist in organizing training sessions or workshops to promote policy understanding and compliance across the organization.
Education, work experience, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in law, public policy, international development, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5 years) in policy development and writing, preferably within the NGO sector or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of the topics mentioned above, including Anti-Fraud and Corruption, Conflict of Interest, PSEA, Whistleblowing and Integrity, and accountability principles.
- Familiarity with legal frameworks, regulations, and international standards related to policy areas.
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex concepts into clear and concise policy documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.