"Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager" (National Contract)
- The application should be in English including: CV and motivation letter, please to save them in a folder under your full name.
- Please submit your application to [email protected] write as Subject of the Email the Reference number and Job Position as follows; GVC Ref 202010_03 "MEAL Manager" (National Contract).
- Applications in Arabic will not be considered.
- Deadline for submitting the application:05th of November 2020 (Applications received after this deadline will not be considered).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GVC encourage people with special needs to apply.
GVC is an Italian NGO founded in 1971. Actually is working in 22 countries worldwide. GVC presence in Lebanon dates back to the begin of Syrian Crisis and since then GVC has been implementing emergency and development projects in Bekaa and Akkar financed by International Donors mainly in WASH sector.
GVC is actually recruiting personnel to cover the position of 1 MEAL Manager to support activities in Beirut, Lebanon
Position Title: MEAL Manager
Reporting to: Deputy Country Representative (Programs)
Duty station: Beirut or Zahle with frequent field mission
Salary grade: Grade 7 Level 2
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of a functional MEAL system, including policies and procedures, for the whole WEWORLD-GVC Lebanon mission. Besides, he/She must ensure cross-learning among projects, create a system for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders, and build capacity of staff involved in monitoring activities. The MEAL Manager will be responsible for implementing and supervising MEALactivities contributing to the design of the assessments required for proposal development. The MEALManager will work closely with the DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR (PROGRAMS) and project teams to develop high quality monitoring systems and tools which address indicators set out in project proposals. He/she will ensure that learning from projects is systematically captured and used throughout the WeWorld-GVC lebanon mission. He/she will also identify and take into the account learning needs, conducting tailored capacity building for WeWorld-GVC and partners identified staff. The MEALManager is expected to have a high level of self-initiative , analysis capacity and use critical thinking skills to identify and fill gaps.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- System Design& Promoting MEAL
- Lead on the development and manage the implementation of an organisational MEAL system (emergency & development), ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries.
- Promote all aspects of MEAL to support the creation of an organisational culture which prioritises quality programming.
- Develop or adapt projects specific MEAL tools including monitoring, evaluation& capitalization of lessons learned.
- Design mechanism to ensure quality of the data to be analysed; considering any data cleaning/wrangling needed before the process of analysis.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues and provide technical assistance to ensure MEAL system is understood and supported by the teams at field level.
- Support Programme/Project Managers in the proposal development process in terms of MEAL input (log frames, budgeting for MEAL activities, MEAL narrative plan, etc.).
- Provide technical assistance during the implementation of the MEAL planned activities at local levels; in particular, in the collection of quantitative and qualitative information.
- Data Analysis& Reporting
- Perform data analysis and update programme documents such as the indicator performance tracking tool, logframe & project reports.
- Participate in the different workshop and meetings related to the types of analysis that can be produced from the different components of GVC projects.
- Receive regular field monitoring and accountability reports from MEAL Coordinators and circulate to the country office teams, ensuring that action plans are included and followed up and that SMT reviews reports regularly.
- Ensures external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and quality MEAL activities leading to timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure that high quality analysis reports are produced and communicated at appropriate events.
- Team Management
- Organize and conduct training, workshop and capacity building on related topics when needed
- Supervise the MEAL officers& the Research& Data analyst.
- Ensure capacity building and participation of WeWorld-GVC staff in the relevant MEAL activities.
- Oversee the administrative/logistics duties of the MEAL activities under her/his responsibilities.
- Any other subject that might require his/her support in the mission as per request of his/her line manager.
- Qualifications and skills
- Relevant academic background: Masters in development, statistics, social sciences.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS, Access, and any other statistical packages.