Expression of Interest , Delivery of Welding Training - UDP_NL project
In the framework of the Lebanese German cooperation between the government of Lebanon and the government of Germany, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in close cooperation with the Lebanese “Ministry of Social Affairs” (MoSA) is implementing the “Local Development Programme for Deprived Urban Areas in North Lebanon” (UDP_NL). The programme is commissioned by Federal Republic of Germany and co-financed by the European Union.
UDP_NL proposes to contribute to social stability in North Lebanon, namely in Tripoli and the 5 districts of Al-Koura, Batroun, Bcharre, Zgharta, Minieh-Dannieh. The main target groups are youth and women from vulnerable areas.
This request for Expression of Interest (EOI) is intended to identify training providers which have proven experience in the welding fields.
- Training provider shall deliver:
a) formal or non-formal vocational training
b) Providing trainings to the target group of youth and women.
c)Conducting trainings in Tripoli district and the 5 districts of Al-Koura, Batroun, Bcharre, Zgharta, Minieh-Dannieh.
Interested training providers will be included in a short list of pre-identified implementing partners.
The short-listed training providers will be asked at a later stage to prepare a more detailed technical proposal and a financial budget.
- Vocational training:
GIZ UDP_NL aims at improving the employability and the ability to increase the income of youth (15-29 years) and women of all ages within the timeframe of 2019 to 2021.
The trainees will come from vulnerable areas in the North Lebanon governorate: Tripoli district and the 5 districts of Al-Koura, Batroun, Bcharre, Zgharta, Minieh-Dannieh.
The participants of the trainings should represent a mix from different social and gender backgrounds.
The trainings need to comprise theoretical training and practical on the job training sessions and be relevant for the required skills in the local job market of the steel welding. The duration of the vocational training needs to be at least 120 hours or 20 training days of 6 hours minimum per day.
The training provider should have expertise and experience in providing training in:
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) Electrode Plate
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) Electrode Pipe
GIZ expects the training provider to have curricula/lesson plans and experienced trainers. The training provider should be able to select the participants and monitor the progress of the trainees.
The training provider shall certify the trainees by an official certificate from an official, national and international certification.
The trainer provider should have conducted similar training before.
Proven experience with issuing certificates recognized by private companies and other training providers and carrying out certification ceremonies should be referred to in the submitted Expression of Interest.
GIZ, UDP_NL, module 1 team, will select external outreach consultants to help the training provider to achieve the goals.
The trainings are designed to be conducted in North Lebanon (Tripoli district, Al-Koura, Batroun, Bcharre, Zgharta or Minieh-Dannieh) in a youth and adult friendly training centre equipped with classrooms for theoretical training and access to workshops for practical sessions.
The training venue is organized and provided by the training provider.
Training providers which include on the job training sessions at companies or visits to companies are preferred.
Qualifications and Requirements
Eligibility Criteria of the training provider:
- Registration under the Lebanese rules and regulations. It can be either a private company or public institution
- Experience in developing curricula and implementing non-formal or formal vocational training in one of the welding sectors
- Registered trainers.
- Training centre and/or access to workshops in the North governorate.
- Ability to provide official certificate from a certified welding institution
- Experience in development project (ODA financed)
- Experience in North Lebanon
How to apply
The applicant shall submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) to [email protected]  accompanied by copies of all the required documents (listed below) containing the following:
- Name and contact details of the training provider (organization, company...)
- A brief concept describing the specific training comprising the objective and field of training, the intended duration of the trainings and the number of targeted trainees.
- A description of the training curriculum (specifying the hours of theoretical and practical training) and the approach to the implementation of the training (GIZ will hire outreach worker to help the service provider to target the right trainees). The concept should also specify the following: description of the location, the facilities of the training centre (and possibly photos of the training facility), the professional background and experience of the prospective trainers.
- Short track record of previous trainings conducted highlighting employment and retention rates (proven by tracer studies or surveys) of trainees.
- A description of the legal form, organizational structure and the organigram of the potential project team.
- The registration of the training provider.
- If available: A description of the portfolio of the organization and a description of the projects within the scope of the EOI detailing experience of the organization in implementing similar projects; this should include a detailed list of completed projects including project description, donors/partners, amount of award, implementation period.
- Please state clearly if it is planned to cooperate with private companies to conduct on the job training and if trainings will be conducted by sub-contractors.
Email to: [email protected] subject of the email should be: VT welding for UDP_NL, Module 1.
All missing subject emails will be disqualified.Expired