Procurement and Vetting Associate (Lebanese Nationals Only)
Position: Procurement and Vetting Associate (Lebanese Nationals Only)
Date of Issue: May 8, 2021
Application Deadline: May 24, 2021 – 4pm Beirut Time
Application Guidelines: Applicants must submit (1) an updated CV along with three references and salary expectations and (2) a cover letter explaining your motivation for wanting to work on a project that supports civil society in advancing rights in Lebanon. Complete applications should be sent to: [email protected] quoting the title of the job in the subject line. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
July or August 2021 - Contingent upon final project award and funding
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 seeks qualified national candidates only to serve as the Procurement and Vetting Associate for an anticipated five-year USAID civil society strengthening program in Lebanon. The project will support a broad swath of civil society actors, building on prior civil society assistance accomplishments. Planned assistance interventions will increase the role of beneficiaries in shaping public policy (related to governance, human rights, protection of environment, and others); improve service provision; enhance the technical and administrative capacities of beneficiary organizations; and advance strategic collective action to advance rights and impact public policy.
The Procurement & Vetting Associate will be responsible for managing vetting procedures in line with USAID and FHI 360 requirements and coordinate procurement of goods and services required to carry out project activities. Other position responsibilities include:
- Fulfill USAID Partner Vetting requirements for relevant staff, consultants, subcontractors, grantees, vendors, etc., including but not limited to collecting needed documentation, submitting requests into the online system, monitoring and tracking vetting requests and approvals, and following up with the organizations and individuals as required.
- Conduct day-to-day procurement functions from inception to completion, i.e. drafting request for proposals/quotations (RFP/RFQs) and terms of reference (TORs) in collaboration with program staff; conduct market research to identify new pools of potential bidders; prepare and release solicitations and organize solicitation workshops for bidders, as required; track and respond to written requests for clarifications; facilitate evaluation committees; contribute to selection documentation and negotiation memos; analyze price reasonableness; facilitate contracting and purchase orders (POs); conduct orientation for consultants and vendors, as required
- Coordinate with assigned staff in documenting consultant/vendor deliverables; collect required supporting documents to prepare and submit payment requests; follow-up with finance team on payments; document close-out of POs and contracts
- Maintain filing and archiving for procurement and vetting in line with project policies, procedures and standards
- Manage vendor and consultant databases, preferred vendor list, as well as accurate and timely updates of PO and consultant trackers
- Provide administrative support for project activities, events, workshops and outreach as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in administration, management or related field preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in a similar position on a USAID-funded program with an international or national organization required and a thorough understanding of USAID vetting rules and requirements preferred
- Hands on experience in coordinating various phases of procurement
- Good problem-solving skills, well organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to work well with others and independently as well as being flexible and capable of multitasking
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.