Administrative & Procurement Assistant
Please submit CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Include position title in the subject line.
The Procurement Assistant will prepare procurement packages and provide administrative support to staff and the Operations Manager.
- Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists;
- Assists with developing bid specifications;
- Process requisition orders. Verify accuracy, terminology and specifications;
- Contacts suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries to ensure contract terms and company needs are met;
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors;
- Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among suppliers;
- Maintains documentation of purchase orders and verifies invoices for payment with accounting;
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation;
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies as needed;
- Provides meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Provides administrative support to staff to the Operations Manager.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- 0-3 years experience in administrative tasks for NGOs, such as preparing procurement packages.
- Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries preferred.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree or its International Equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Business Administration.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Arabic