Candidates who are interested to apply should send their CVs to [email protected]; the e-mail subject should read: Qudra 2 – Technical Coordinator. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) is seeking the services of a “Technical Coordinator” that will be recruited by “Expertise France” (EF) through “HR Works” consulting firm and selected based on a joint process between EF and MoSA.
The “Technical Coordinator” will contribute to the implementation of "Qudra 2" programme in the Social Development Centres (SDCs) of MoSA.
The programme “Qudra– Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs, returnees and host communities in response to the protracted Syrian and Iraqi crises’” is a regional action financed by the EU Regional Trust Fund (Madad), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID). Qudra seeks to improve social stability between communities through a comprehensive approach of children and adults’ protection among Syrian refugees and Lebanese host communities. The first 3-year programme was launched and implemented between 2016 and 2019. Qudra 2 is another 3-year programme, with a continuation of activities, that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Support the MoSA and the Qudra 2 project team in the project implementation, more specifically in the field of monitoring and providing technical support to MoSA in the implementation of the project. The Technical Coordinator will have to travel to the different provinces and districts in Lebanon where the project partners will be operating, based on the needs of the SDCs and local CSOs.
- Support the SDC directors in addressing challenges resulting from the monitoring of Qudra 2, following guidelines developed by Expertise France and MoSA, and finding solutions in consultation with MoSA.
- Ensure clear line of communication between MoSA and SDCs and provide facilitation related to reporting, pair work system and administrative challenges.
- Liaise with all Focal Points within MoSA, facilitate and streamline communication between MoSA, SDC directors, NGO partners and Expertise France.
- Provide facilitation, in close consultation with MoSA, SDC directors and Expertise France Protection Officer, in order to ensure the smooth and timely delivery of consultancies related to capacity development in SDCs (e.g. coaching, training).
- Update MoSA and Expertise France, using specific forms about the progress of implementation, achievement and results as well as compiling reports about particular incidents, events, or updates on important issues.
- Provide support to the SDC directors and staff in using the technical, communication, administrative and financial tools and forms requested by MoSA and Expertise France.
- Collect, analyse and utilise data and feedback including documentation of the lessons learnt.
- Provide technical insights and support to enhance the pair work system in close consultation with the Protection Officer.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, including project coordination or management.
- Experience in working with children and marginalized groups.
- Proven experience in reporting.
- Experience in planning and organizing group activities.
- Good knowledge of national and international NGOs, as well as community development and /or protection.
- Experience with Lebanese NGOs work and their contractual relationship with MoSA.
Required skills and behaviours:
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work within a team.
- Respect for ethnic and cultural differences and the ability to deal with various social groups.
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations.
- Compliance with MoSA’s regulations and maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Willingness to work outside office hours when the need arises.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems.
- Capability to negotiate with and influence others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.