Candidates who are interested to apply should send their CVs to [email protected]; the e-mail subject should read: Qudra 2 – Administrative Assistant. Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) is seeking the services of an “Administrative Assistant” that will be recruited by “Expertise France” (EF) through “HR Works” consulting firm and selected based on a joint process between EF and MoSA.
The “Administrative Assistant” will contribute to the implementation of "Qudra 2" programme in the Social Development Centres (SDCs) of MoSA.
The programme “Qudra– Resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs, returnees and host communities in response to the protracted Syrian and Iraqi crises’” is a regional action financed by the EU Regional Trust Fund (Madad), the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID). Qudra seeks to improve social stability between communities through a comprehensive approach of children and adults’ protection among Syrian refugees and Lebanese host communities. The first 3-year programme was launched and implemented between 2016 and 2019. Qudra 2 is another 3-year programme, with a continuation of activities, that seeks to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugees, IDPs and host communities.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Director General (DG) and the Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) team in the overall and daily follow-up of the requirements of Qudra 2 management and implementation in close consultation with the Technical Coordinator.
- Provide necessary assistance and support to the MoSA team, in particular the Focal Points, in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of Qudra 2 results.
- Organise meetings, workshops and focus groups, as required, in relation to Qudra 2.
- Draft invitation letters and emails as requested by DG in relation to Qudra 2.
- Prepare agenda of meetings related to Qudra 2 in coordination with the MoSA team and under the guidance of the DG.
- Draft minutes of meetings conducted internally with the MoSA team and SDC directors, and externally with Expertise France team and partners.
- Ensure the efficient and timely circulation of minutes of meetings and external correspondence in relation to Qudra 2.
- Ensure follow-up with the DG on action points agreed during the different meetings and pending issues in relation to Qudra 2.
- Update the DG and concerned teams about Expertise France and partners’ communications.
- Develop briefing notes, presentations and summaries upon DG’s request in relation to Qudra 2.
- Liaise with MoSA team (incl. Focal Points) and inform them about meetings, guidance and deadlines.
- Liaise with SDC directors when needed to convey their requests and needs for clarification to senior management and vice versa, in close consultation with the Technical Coordinator.
- Review comments of the MoSA’s team on different technical and financial documents related to Qudra 2 and compile the comments in one document.
- Ensure follow-up with the MoSA’s team on administrative and logistic pending issues.
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of Qudra 2 project files and records.
- Fulfil and execute additional functions related to the position, as deemed necessary, to implement Qudra 2 project and reach its objectives.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least two years of experience in administration with preferable knowledge and experience in working in humanitarian contexts.
- Experience of working closely with senior government officials.
Required skills and behaviours:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others.
- Compliance with MOSA’s regulations and maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Willingness to work outside office hours when the need arises.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and internet applications (database, Word, PowerPoint, others).