Online Security Trainer
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EuroMed Feminist Initiative seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
The online cybersecurity Training
Across the world, the internet connects us to each other and to what sometimes seems like an unlimited amount of information. In some countries, however, the internet is censored by the State’s internet filtering systems that regulates what can be seen or published online. Being security-aware is not something required only from IT and Cybersecurity Professionals. It is the responsibility of everyone in an organization to have at minimum a foundational understanding of security issues and vulnerabilities.
What do we expect from the trainer?
- Delivering a high-quality online cybersecurity training for 11 IFE-EFI partners
- Following up with partners on an organizational level; help in security strategy and policy development and implementation, setup security framework, network with other resources for sustainable implementation
- High knowledge of the security risks associated with online trainings
What do we expect to learn?
- Concepts like risks, availability, confidentiality, integrity of information, privacy, tunnelling, encryption, single failure point, backup, cloud, and VPN.
- Why, how, and when you might need to bypass internet censorship
- How circumvention and anonymity tools work, and what is the difference between them.
- other Available cyber protection tools for the human rights defenders
- How to maintain secure smart devices, systems, applications, and work environment.
- Operational security and physical protection of digital assets for individual and organization
How to apply
Requirements for Submission
- A document explaining the methodology used for the training
- Budget for the training
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is the 4th of July 2020. For any inquiries kindly send an email to [email protected] before the 27th of June 2020. Kindly submit the required documents in to: [email protected] indicating the reference: “Security Training" in the email subject.