Animated video producer
About us & background :
EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
Political transitions are an opportunity to shed light on women’s rights and gender equality in order to correct the historical exclusion of women from the political sphere. Protecting women’s rights, gender equality, and the principle of non-discrimination based on gender in constitutions recognizes women’s equal status and enables legislative changes addressing the existing discrimination.
In this context, and throughout the years of successful project implementation, EFI has developed important tools such as the “ABC for a gender-sensitive constitution”, a guide that aims to provide a feminist perspective on democratic constitution making in a systematic and accessible way. It answers the questions of how and why a constitution that is inclusive of women's rights and gender equality is needed. The guide is the result of a fruitful collaboration between EFI, researchers and activists from Syria, Europe and the Maghreb. It combines academic research and constitutional expertise with a feminist theoretic approach, enriched by the experiences of the women’s rights activists in the Euromed region and examples from different constitutions and processes across the world. Here is a link to access the handbook: http://www.efi-ife.org/sites/default/files/ABC%20for%20a%20Gender%20Sensitive%20Constitution.pdf
EFI aims to produce 6 videos in English (that will be translated to Arabic) on the content of the handbook “ABC for a Gender-Sensitive Constitution.” The video will incorporate infographics, animated characters and narration. The animator/firm should have modern production equipment and qualified creative personnel capable of designing creative concepts with guidance from our internal communications team.
The animator/firm will need to:
- Meet with EFI’s team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the animation
- Develop a Technical and Cost proposal for the production of the animation
- Adapt the story board concepts presented by EFI’s team
- Deliver original artwork and video files
- Consultant will adapt script and narration for overall animation in English
- Capture animation as approved and according to the prepared script.
- Consultant will be required to design animation as per requirements determined by EFI including (sound, editing, narration, subtitling, dubbing etc.)
- Record and prepare background music for the animation.
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
Animation requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity; therefore, successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing video animations and infographics for video infomercials.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights and gender equality is an asset
How to apply
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates/firm interested in this project should provide the following information:
- A sample of past video animation productions they have directly designed and produced.
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology for undertaking the video animation, as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the video animation showing all necessary costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is the 10th of July 2020. For any inquiries kindly send an email to [email protected] before the 15th of July 2020. Kindly submit the required documents in to: [email protected] indicating the reference: “Animator" in the email subject.
Starting date of assignment: 12th of July 2020
End date of assignment: 23rd of August 2020Expired