Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (MEAL) Officer
Interested applicants may submit their application through the following link: Jobs for Humanity Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) officer | SmartRecruiters
Any application received by email will be completely disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
EMBRACE is an equal opportunity employer. EMBRACE has zero tolerance policy on sexual abuse and sexual harassment
A. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The main role of the Research & MEAL Officer is to manage information and reporting processes to ensure professional, high-quality communication about Embrace’s programmatic activities and impact. The Research & MEAL Officer will play an integral role in improving information management and data quality to strengthen knowledge sharing and learning across the organization. The MEAL Officer will work closely with Research Manager to develop appropriate methodologies and tools to collect relevant data. The Research & MEAL Officer will also utilize statistical, analytical, and coding tools as needed to collect and analyse large datasets to articulate insights, predictions, and recommendations for the development of internal activities as well as research studies and reports. Finally, the Research & MEAL officer will work closely with Research Manager in the research and management of grant databases, and coordination with department for compliance with donor agency regulations in the implementation of activities whenever relevant.
B. ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES
- Respect: To consider all individuals worthy of high regards and respect
- Integrity: To adhere to the highest moral and ethical principles in fulfilling Embrace’s mission
- Compassion: To understand another person’s condition from their perspective and strive to respond to their needs
- Inclusiveness: To actively include stakeholders in decision making and the implementation of Embrace’s strategic goals
- Accountability: To acknowledge and assume responsibility for all actions and decisions undertaken within the organization
- Ownership: To assume one’s responsibility towards their role and the organization, to problem solve and actively seek feedback in a proactive manner
- Collaboration: To actively seek feedback from members of the team, and work collaboratively with team members inside the organization as well as engage external partners in fulfilling Embrace’s mission and vision.
C. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring & Evaluation Duties
- Develop/Refine Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) tools for ongoing Embrace projects and activities.
- Pinpoint relevant data sources, automate collection processes, and process structured and unstructured data.
- Lead the development of coding frameworks for the automation of data management and analysis processes.
- Provide quality oversight and assurance of data collection to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness, and timely production of all reports
- Support in the presentation of findings, conclusions, and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Maintain complex end-to-end data pipeline to monitor, connect, and transform data from data sources to match the format and schema of its destination.
- Produce data reports and M&E reports of indicators for internal and external stakeholders, donors, the MOPH, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Produce data reports as needed for presentations, communication material or any relevant work.
Grants, Research & Writing
- Ensure accuracy of data collected from systems and software to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness, and timely production of all reports.
- Revise research opportunities to vet potential applications, organize them with a departmental strategy, and start application processes as needed for certain platforms.
- Track grant/funding application processes to completion and follow-up on submission needs as required
- Contribute to application proposals through coordination with relevant departments and research evidence-based practices to support the project and findings.
D. Behavioral Skills
- Demonstrates critical reasoning and ability to problem solve independently and efficiently.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and work under pressure with timelines and deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively and independently, as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong client- facing team- work skills.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.