Driver / Project Logistics Assistant
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
Application Submission guidelines:
- Motivation letter in English (or French), which explains how you meet the selection criteria
- An updated CV (in English or French) with your photo and at least 3 professional references and their full contacts (name, organization/company, position, telephone number, email address)
- Copy of your passport and/or ID
- Other documents (degrees, certificates, copy of driving license etc.)
- Please submit your application to [email protected] writing as subject of the e-mail the following: DPLAJA - “Family Name” “First name”
- Deadline for application submission: 30 September 2020 (Applications received after this deadline will not be considered).
- Applications in Arabic will not be considered.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment.
Contact Person Email:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services to the direct superior or assigned personnel with his own vehicle.
- Ensures driving for the transport of authorized personnel (assurance of proper use of waiver form) as well as delivery and collection of mail, documents, drawings, building material samples and other items.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle logs, vehicle documents (incl. car registration and insurance), first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Drive Embassy project staff, officials and visitors in Field Trips (project sites) and participates in planning of field visits when required and assess availability of vehicles accordingly.
- Provide general administrative support to the Embassy
- Is familiar with the checklists and information provided and takes appropriate action if and when needed.
- Responsible for uninterrupted availability and proper day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle through checks of oil, tyres, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Asks for operational support if and when needed at the Embassy in Beirut, through the Logistics/IT Officer.
- Monitor road access and safety and inform staff and Security Focal Point on potential problems and critical situations.
- Procurement of office supplies as instructed.
- Supports the Embassy in the field of Logistics
- Follow up on customs import and export clearance
- Assist in specific tasks related to the daily running of the office.
Competencies and selection criteria
- Valid Lebanese driving license, minimum 5 years’ experience of driving.
- Good understanding of the road network in the greater Beirut area, knows the social structure of the population in Beirut.
- Knowledge of English or French, able to communicate and interact with local, as well as expatriate persons.
- Good personal appearance and social skills, good interaction with guests. Exceptionally high personal and moral integrity and the ability to work with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to connect and work well with others
- Ability to stay calm, polite and effective under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Responsible and reliable team player
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in administration
- Experience in working with ministries, higher customs or other official entities.
- Minimum Secondary school level degree
- Working experience with embassies, development agencies, NGOs or the UN are an asset.
24 Sep, 2020
Humanitarian & Development Financing
Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Period of Employment:
Full time position – Fixed term contract until 30 April 2021, renewable
2000 to 2500 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
5 to 10 years