Gender Analysis Consultant
If interested in this Consultancy assignment, please submit an up-to-date resume/CV in English through the “Our Jobs” section of the ECODIT website (www.ecodit.com) by no later than Wednesday December 2, 2020.
BACKGROUND AND DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
On June 30, 2020, USAID/Lebanon has awarded ECODIT the Diverting Waste by Encouraging Reuse and Recycling (DAWERR) Activity, a five-year project that will establish sustainable and replicable integrated solid waste diversion and valorisation solutions in rural areas of Lebanon, leading to improved social and economic well-being for Lebanon’s population. The Activity aligns with USAID/Lebanon’s desire to introduce financially sustainable solutions that increase the reuse, recycling, and monetization of solid waste to reduce the amount of solid waste that goes into landfills. The Activity has the following three objectives:
- Build the capacity and commitment of municipalities to provide improved solid waste management (SWM) services either directly or indirectly;
- Empower communities to sort at the source and participate actively in various stages of the recycling value chains (RVCs); and
- Develop successful business models that create green economic opportunities and generate net incomes along the value chains.
The Activity’s period of performance is August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2025.
ECODIT LLC is engaging the Consultant to conduct a gender analysis and action plan. The period of performance (POP) is Dec 4, 2020 to January 31, 2020. The level of effort (LOE) over the POP is not-to-exceed 23 days. The detailed SOW describing the objectives, specific activities and deliverables anticipated over this period is accessible on the following Link: Career Center (taleo.net)
The Consultant shall conduct all activities and prepare deliverables under the technical direction of the Chief of Party (COP) or his designee. The consultant also will liaise with the DAWERR Gender Focal Point, DAWERR MEL Specialist and other team members.
Qualifications and Experience:
The consultant must have the following experience and skills to be able to perform this SOW:
- A Master’s degree or higher in gender, social studies, environment, economics, anthropology, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing gender analyses, plans or strategies for projects preferably on women and the environment, or women’s empowerment, or women’s economic empowerment.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality and methodologically sound reports in English.
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise properly with technical and administrative staff of international organizations.
- Ability to liaise properly with officials and social partners.
- Previous expertise working on USAID funded projects in Lebanon is an asset.
- Exposure to value and principles of the thematic issue areas of USAID as well as sensitivity to gender, disadvantaged groups and diversity.
- Have a good working knowledge of the quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and programming strategies commonly used in empowering women in the area of the environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.