Art therapist- Beirut
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
The applicant should clearly specify in the subject of the email the position to which he/she is applying or else the CV cannot be shortlisted
A motivation letter is a must
Contact Person Email:
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Conducting art therapy sessions with patients using various types of visual art, including drawing, sculpting, painting, ceramics, and clay modeling.
- planning and facilitating activities
- maintaining the workshop and equipment
- listening to beneficiaries and advising them on suitable activities
- organizing and carrying out group workshops, for kids and families.
- encouraging members of the group to relate to each other through their art
- liaising with other team members, including social workers, animators, drama therapist and psychologist.
- attending seminars, workshops and conferences related to the job
- safely refer beneficiaries to social workers/ psychologist when needed
- Discussing patients’ artworks with them to evaluate the meaning and emotions behind the artworks.
- Developing suitable art therapy programs for beneficiaries based on their needs, and preferred forms of artistic expression.
- Teaching beneficiaries coping skills and strategies to enable them to deal with challenging and traumatic experiences.
- Maintaining detailed records of beneficiaries' progress as well as observations made during art therapy sessions.
- Presenting reports of the sessions and beneficiaries’ progress.
16 Sep, 2020
Monday, 21 September 2020
Period of Employment:
depending on the experience
< 800 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
Diploma in Art therapy, preferably the candidate has completed trainings and workshops in this field
1 to 2 years