Please send an email with your CV ( CVs should be filled in the attached template to be conidered) and cover letter (inclufing your personal details phone number, Address, and email) and 'Communications Coordinator' in the subject line to [email protected] no later than 20th July 2020.
Communications Coordinator – Lebanon Economic Reform and Infrastructure Investment (LERII) Programme
(Note – over the lifetime of the programme, the below job description may be changed by mutual consent to reflect changing programme needs and priorities)
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Objective of the Programme
LERII is a 4-year DFID-funded programme that will support the Lebanese Government in implementing economic reforms related to electricity, roads, water, waste management, PPPs, PFM, investment climate and macro-fiscal reforms. The overall outcome of the programme is to increase likelihood that the Lebanese government:
- Implements key economic reforms;
- Reaches agreement on the construction of key donor-financed infrastructure;
- And that such projects are successfully built and operated.
To achieve these objectives two type of delivery vehicles will be used:
- Support preparation and investment in large infrastructure projects through the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). Delivery of this component will be linked to progress on economic reforms.
- Technical assistance (TA) delivered through a flexible and adaptive facility managed by DAI to support Lebanese government ministries and agencies who are involved in direct planning and delivery of infrastructure and economic reforms.
- Work closely with the Team Leader and the MEL Manager to identify and produce well written content targeted at specific audiences; materials such as articles/relevant stories, briefings, case studies, and other materials to communicate the programme’s aims and objectives, results and lessons, and share them internally and externally.
- Support the team to develop internal communications products for inclusive ways of working.
- Participate in internal and external meetings and prepare minutes from these meetings.
- Assist the Team Leader in preparing weekly newsletter to be shared with consortium partners.
- Monitor the local news outlets and maintain a LERII-TAF press book
- Oversee translation of relevant materials in both English and Arabic.
- Preform some translation but manage the outsourcing and maintaining quality control for larger requirements
- Provide communication support for events, workshops, and conferences.
- Support Reform Managers in collecting and collating information where needed.
- Support quarterly and annual reporting.
- With the other team members, nurture and maintain team spirit and a collegial working environment that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship and the programmes commitments to gender equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of communications and branding strategy for LERII-TAF
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the LERII-TAF Team Leader or MEL Manager
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in design, marketing, communications, journalism or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working in a programme communications or similar capacity
- Arabic and English fluency required, with demonstrated excellent professional-level writing and editing skills in both languages
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Experience in translating material to and from Arabic-English
- Experience effectively communicating information and ideas in written and visual formats
- Proficiency in MS Office required with graphic design and photo/video experience preferred
- Established networks within local news outlets highly desirable
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal, communications, and teamwork skills
Supervision: The Communications Coordinator reports to the LERII-TAF MEL Manager
Main office location: Beirut, Lebanon
Full time position