TIF Senior Procurement Specialist
Requires a Cover Letter?:
Application Submissions Guideline:
Please apply by submitting your CV at the link below:
Contact Person Email:
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
Planning and Implementation
- Proactively sit with technical staff to discuss work plan ideas; assist with developing timeline and details required for any activities needing procurement.
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and DAI Field Operations Manual procurement policies, procedures, and instructions during the planning and implementation phase.
- Coordinate with staff requesting procurement to allow for efficient and effective preparation and competition.
- Conduct market research in coordination with technical staff.
- Generate reports of status of procurement activities, such as forecasting payments, amendments, close outs, and sector specific data (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting).
- Assist Finance and Technical team to ensure on-time deliverables, payments, and cash flow requests by monitoring deliverable and payment schedules.
- Provide training, guidance and direction to project staff on planning, implementation, and compliance of procurement policies, procedures, and instructions, specifically their role in the process.
- Responsible for gaining comprehensive knowledge of project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM) and for identifying areas where policies, procedures and/or practices may not be fully aligned with project practice and make recommendations to project management.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation requirements are met with various departments, i.e. technical, grants, finance, and operations.
- Reviews procurement requests for completeness and appropriateness with the TIF work plan.
- Ensure all required documentation is uploaded in the procurement database, TAMIS.
- Review vendor invoices against purchase orders and subcontracts to ensure compliance.
- Train on and enforce policies and procedures to prevent improprieties, intentional and unintentional.
- Assist in the audit of procurement files no less than annually.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, including increasingly responsible procurement experience, preferably with international donor-funded organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS) preferred.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution in solving complex problems.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.
23 Jan, 2021
Business & Economic Policy
Sunday, 31 January 2021
Period of Employment:
Initial one year term agreement, with possibility to renew.
Dependent on experience.
2500 to 3000 (USD)
Education Degree Details:
5 to 10 years