Senior Procurement Specialist
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps. Position is for Lebanese Nationals only.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will play a pivotal role in implementing the procurement plan guided by the TIF work plan and operational needs. The individual will be responsible for adherence to project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, contract requirements and limitations, procurement policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The individual will proactively coordinate with all staff on planning and implementing procurements through open communications, proactive market research, and price analysis.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
Planning and Implementation
- Proactively sit with technical staff to discuss work plan ideas; assist with developing timeline and details required for any activities needing procurement.
- Ensure compliance with USAID regulations and DAI Field Operations Manual procurement policies, procedures, and instructions during the planning and implementation phase.
- Coordinate with staff requesting procurement to allow for efficient and effective preparation and competition.
- Conduct market research in coordination with technical staff.
- Generate reports of status of procurement activities, such as forecasting payments, amendments, close outs, and sector specific data (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting).
- Assist Finance and Technical team to ensure on-time deliverables, payments, and cash flow requests by monitoring deliverable and payment schedules.
- Provide training, guidance and direction to project staff on planning, implementation, and compliance of procurement policies, procedures, and instructions, specifically their role in the process.
- Responsible for gaining comprehensive knowledge of project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM) and for identifying areas where policies, procedures and/or practices may not be fully aligned with project practice and make recommendations to project management.
- Responsible for ensuring documentation requirements are met with various departments, i.e. technical, grants, finance, and operations.
- Reviews procurement requests for completeness and appropriateness with the TIF work plan.
- Ensure all required documentation is uploaded in the procurement database, TAMIS.
- Review vendor invoices against purchase orders and subcontracts to ensure compliance.
- Train on and enforce policies and procedures to prevent improprieties, intentional and unintentional.
- Assist in the audit of procurement files no less than annually.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience, including increasingly responsible procurement experience, preferably with international donor-funded organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS) preferred.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution in solving complex problems.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.