Senior Investment Specialist - USAID LEBANON TRADE AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION (TIF) ACTIVITY
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
We are unable to respond to any inquiries or questions about the position. E-mailed applications will NOT be reviewed. All applications must be submitted via the above link.
The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Senior Investment Specialist implements activities under Objective 2 with the guidance of the Investment Lead and liaises with key domestic and international partners to leverage investment in key TIF sectors.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- With guidance from Investment Lead, implement activities to facilitate investments to finance/recapitalize firms operating in TIF sectors leading to increased domestic investment.
- Assist with coordinating and implementing investment advisory services and support investment transactions.
- Coordinate investment training and workshops that share new financial innovations related to TIF sectors from different global financial markets with local service providers and ecosystem actors.
- Collaborate with subcontractor to support design, test and roll-out of innovative financial products appropriate for export firms.
- Support provision of tailored technical assistance to lending institutions.
- Liaise closely with TIF subcontractors and other stakeholders including financial institutions, private equity and other investment funds, MFIs, and other entities.
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management, business, finance, or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience.
- Experience in investment facilitation, transaction advisory, and/or deal structuring.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work in fast-paced environment with diverse stakeholder.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.