Senior Business Development Specialist - USAID LEBANON TRADE AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION (TIF) ACTIVITY
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
We are unable to respond to any inquiries or questions about the position. E-mailed applications will NOT be reviewed. All applications must be submitted via the above link.
The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Senior Business Development Specialist, under the guidance of the Business Development Lead, implements activities to increase Lebanon’s export of goods and services.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Collaborate closely with Business Development Lead to implement Objective 1 strategies and activities to increase Lebanon’s exports of goods and services.
- Assist with co-creation exercises with key partners to develop sector strategies/action plans.
- Play key role managing firm-level partnerships and partnership network.
- Assist with activities aimed at diversifying and expanding market access and networks. Track return on investment (ROI) of cost versus sales generated from these activities and contribute to iterative planning.
- Support implementation of sector- and firm-level activities to strengthen Lebanon’s ability to meet buyer cost and quality requirements (domestic and export).
- Liaise with TAHWIL service providers and international experts to build capacity of trade support institutions and service providers.
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in management, business, finance, or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of professional experience.
- Experience in export-oriented business development, business transactions, trade facilitation, or other relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.