Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps. Position is for Lebanese Nationals only.
The Senior Accountant will play a pivotal role in assuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Accountant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the project office and will ensure submission of financial reports based on internal deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for recording costs and day to day general accounting, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, risk management, managing partner relationships, assuring all backup documentation is audit ready, and troubleshooting accounting issues. The individual is also responsible for cash flow analyses, and the overall financial well-being of the project.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Develops and maintains reports of status of financial management activities (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting)
- Responsible for ensuring project assets/inventory report is balanced against the general ledger/FAS prior to submission to USAID
- Responsible for ensuring that any/all contractual financial reporting requirements are identified and complied in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures that tax reporting procedures are well documented to facilitate preparation and submission in a timely manner
- Reviews and submits monthly reconciliation reports
- Monitors and submits advance, commitment, and grant reports as applicable
- Develops and submits other project reports necessary and based on registration requirements to local authorities
- Oversees the reporting of expenses by regional offices (if applicable)
- Monitors and reports on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Provides annual budgets of expenditure as well as quarterly forecasts against budget statements (accruals, pipelines, etc.) as applicable
- Supports preparation of internal and external audits
- Supports responses and actions to internal audit comments
- Conducts daily reviews of backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with all regulations and the Field Operations Manual (FOM)
- Performs regular spot audits on project’s files.
- Ensures adequate backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
Policies & Procedures
- Ensures that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards; project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with DAI policies, USAID rules/regulations and the terms of the contract
General Accounting/Financial Management
- Initiates wire requests for field project implementation
- Verifies vendor invoices for accuracy
- Verifies accuracy of expenses and project accounting codes
- Conducts regular cash flow analyses to ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank balances
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals
- Ensures the timely deposit of cash receipts
- Responsible for recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS)
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances
- Verifies back up documentation for all project-related transactions, and ensures completeness and appropriate review and approvals are documented
- Responsible for ensuring petty cash is maintained according to maximum petty cash policy, and that all petty cash procedures are followed
- Ensures the safeguard of bank checks, and cash receipts
- Ensures proper segregation of duties within the Finance/Accounting Department
- Manages banking relationships and coordinates periodic updates for checking account signers
- Prepares, reviews and submits project cost data prior to submitting Oracle data reports to DAI Washington
- Maintains file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Establishes guidelines for maintaining sub-grant and other partnership files and activities as applicable
- Maintains files on grant/procurement/subcontractor documents and modifications as applicable
- Directs the schedule of financial activities to ensure the timely preparation of budget related reports
- Supervises periodic cash counts
- Ensures non-billable expenses are thoroughly reviewed and are kept to a minimum
- Ensures that foreign taxes paid, if any, are tracked, recorded, and reported to USAID in accordance with ADS guidelines
- Analyzes and reconciles project inventory on a regular basis ensuring that the value/purchase price of project assets reflected in the inventory register agrees with the total shown in the cumulative Non-Expendable account balance.
Travel Advances & Reimbursements
- Audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance
- Follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel
- Reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
- Processes timely and accurate payroll payments for the office and ensures leave balance and payroll taxes are accurate
- Tracks and monitors leave balances and liability payments
- Ensures staff compliance with timekeeping policy and recordkeeping Financial Systems
- Uses field accounting system (FAS), cloud software for backup documentation, DAI’s project management system (TAMIS), etc. regularly
- Communicates with home office system support teams on system or operations troubleshooting technical issues
- Ensures that voucher files are scanned and uploaded to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation - SharePoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent required.
- At least 8 years of professional experience, including progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, and/or auditing.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and enforcing internal controls and audit processes (for example, procurement, payroll, inventory, banking, etc.).
- Experience in finance or accounting with an international company or organization preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in learning IT systems, such as accounting software programs and databases, for example for procurement, project management, or grant making.
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite.
- Experience leading and managing the financial aspects of USAID projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations preferred.
- Organization, prioritization, and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.