MEL Specialist / Statistician - USAID LEBANON TRADE AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION (TIF) ACTIVITY
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
We are unable to respond to any inquiries or questions about the position. E-mailed applications will NOT be reviewed. All applications must be submitted via the above link.
The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist/Statistician will report to the Collaborating, Learning, Adapting (CLA) Director and be responsible for managing data collection and analysis and MEL activities across the project.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- With guidance from CLA Director, manage the project's comprehensive performance monitoring systems to track progress of all activities and outputs and provide relevant and timely information to project stakeholders.
- Manage internal and external indicators in DAI’s proprietary project database (TAMIS).
- Establish baselines for reporting and support the establishment of reporting procedures in compliance with USAID and DAI home office policies and procedures.
- Manage implementation of data quality assessment processes and procedures.
- Adapt tools for data collection; design and implement surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Track project's progress and analyze its outcomes and impact in an integrated manner allowing for data driven decision making, ongoing learning and program adjustments
- Prepare performance data reports for USAID deliverables and ad hoc requests as well as well project management.
- Collaborate with the TIF Core Management Team, USAID, partners, and grantees to develop communications products to publicize and announce the partnerships facilitated by TIF and share lessons/testimonials from partners.
- Manage data reporting for USAID databases as required.
- Provide training to grantees on data collection and M&E as needed.
- Support coordination between MEL, communications and technical teams.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in statistics, data analysis, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including significant experience collecting, analyzing and managing monitoring and evaluation data.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative MEL data analysis required.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation for international donor programs required. Experience with MEL for USAID projects highly preferred.
- Experience developing and tracking indicators for economic growth projects preferred.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.