Human Resources (HR) Manager - USAID LEBANON TRADE AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION (TIF) ACTIVITY
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
We are unable to respond to any inquiries or questions about the position. E-mailed applications will NOT be reviewed. All applications must be submitted via the above link.
The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager supports the project team in all activities related to Human Resources according to DAI’s policies and procedures and USAID requirements. S/he leads TIF recruitment, on-boarding of new employees, performance management, and provides support to staff for all personnel issues.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Manage TIF recruitment and HR functions, ensuring processes are compliant with the DAI policies and procedures as well as USAID requirements and local labor law.
- Manage recruitment of TIF staff, including, but not limited to: inviting prospective candidates to apply; screening candidates in collaboration with the project team, short-listing ideal candidates; participating in interviews; communicating with candidates regarding interviews and results; checking references and suitability of applicants; discussing recruitment policies with superiors to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programs; ensuring transparent and bias free recruitment process.
- Plan and deliver training sessions to all staff with regards to human resources.
- Establish calendar and process for completing annual and probationary employee performance evaluations. Train supervisors charged with conducting evaluations of staff members in their units, and monitor compliance with the process. Track and notify managers when annual appraisals are due – managing any resulting staffing change requests and contract amendments – ensuring that policies and procedures are followed according the Personnel & Policy Manual.
- Oversee document collection, verification, and review process for selected candidates and prepare employment agreements for all TIF staff.
- Assist in updating personnel and policy manual, review and/or advice on policy change, dissemination and implementation of new policies from HO or management.
- Supervise/Manage maintenance of all staff timesheets, prepare monthly timesheet report to finance including leave taken, changes in status, increases or transfers for the payroll.
- Establish and maintain system for personnel files, including entering HR data into DAI’s Technical & Administrative Information System (TAMIS) and generating required reports.
- Ensure accurate recording of office personnel and pay records, including, but not limited to, leave taken and available, and advise the Director of Finance Operations of the status of such issues on a regular basis.
- Maintain Organizational Chart, update and distribute them regularly to key staff within the project.
- Manage all closeout related duties for Human Resources throughout final project closedown.
- Other tasks as required by supervisor or COP.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in human resources, business, management, or related field preferred.
- At least 8 years of professional experience, including significant recruitment and human resources experience.
- Demonstrated experience responsibly and ethically handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain HR records, facilitate annual performance review process, and update policies as directed.
- Ability to effectively liaise with multiple departments to address all HR-related needs.
- Familiarity with DAI’s HR policies, procedures, and systems, including TAMIS, preferred.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.