Communications Specialist - USAID LEBANON TRADE AND INVESTMENT FACILITATION (TIF) ACTIVITY
Applicants must apply via the following link: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/lnlffeww5u/index.html
Follow the link and select the position you are interested in applying for. Fill out the required information and upload CV. Cover letter is not required. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notifications on next steps.
We are unable to respond to any inquiries or questions about the position. E-mailed applications will NOT be reviewed. All applications must be submitted via the above link.
The USAID/Lebanon Trade and investment Facilitation (TIF) Activity will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments and business enabling environment reform that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Communications Specialist, in coordination with the CLA Director, leads TIF’s communications approach, including developing social media and outreach strategies for the project and stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- With guidance from CLA Director, develop and execute the project’s Communications and Outreach Plan.
- Produce reports to inform TIF’s audience about activities, objectives, and results, including Weekly Activity Updates, Monthly Reports, Quarterly Performance Reports, Annual Reports, and the Final Report.
- Support production of research, learning, and communications products, including case studies, briefs, and infographics, to share lessons and successes with others supporting economic growth in Lebanon.
- Manage TIF’s social media presence and posts.
- Ensure adherence to the TIF Branding Implementation and Marking Plan.
- Provide technical input to the procurement team to select vendors of media services, for example video production, as needed by the project.
- Work closely with the CLA team and other internal & external stakeholders to develop communications products to publicize and announce the partnerships facilitated by TIF and share lessons and testimonials from the private sector actors involved in partnerships. Engage media partners to achieve such publicity.
- Support the outreach, media, and branding aspects of TIF public events.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, international affairs or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including progressively responsible experience in communications.
- Experience designing messaging and public outreach campaigns required.
- Experience with USAID or other international donors highly preferred.
- Experience utilizing social media to promote project results and/or engage new potential partners preferred.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral – in English and Arabic.