Project Name: Improving the social and economic resilience of vulnerable host and refugee communities in Lebanon
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is coordinating a 42 months Programme, funded by the German Ministry for Development and Economic Cooperation (BMZ). The purpose of the Programme is to ensure that the host and the refugee communities in rural areas have improved their resilience and are able to cope with the economic crisis.
Welthungerhilfe is the Lead Organization for this project being implemented with the local partner organisations Lebanese Organization for Studies and Training (LOST ) who will take over implementation in Baalbek and Hermel and René Moawad Foundation (RMF) which is responsible for the implementation in North Lebanon and Akkar. In addition, a third partner Fondazione Giovanni Paolo II (JPII) is responsible for the support of cooperatives in the targeted areas.
The project adopts the value chain support approach to support actors in the targeted agriculture value chains. This includes support to farmers, MSMEs, purchasing and selling committes, cooperatives, governmental institutions as well as Cash for work for related infrastructure.
The project aims to:
- increase income of target groups through the sale of improved varieties, higher quality and increased quantity of agricultural produce,
- to develop competitive and more profitable value chains through improving the capacity of actors and
- increase collaboration through improved linkages, and to enhance social cohesion and psychological well-being in the target communities.
As a complementary with other project activities, the activity 1.3.2 consists of supporting farmers through networking events to develop market linkages.
In order to make sure that support is efficient and meets the requirements, WHH is seeking for “Business consultant/s and experts” to support partners in this activity.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS ASSIGNMENT
WHH is seeking to contract a local consultant to support in the design of networking activities for our project participants in order to increase their access to market and develop market linkages. This will capacitate them to deliver quality services for the project participants in the targeted value chains.
SCOPE OF WORK
A consultant is required to provide support at the level of designing a clear approach and plan for networking events and market linkages activities.
The consultant is requested to provide us with possible market linkages and connections for the project participants (key representatives of the municipalities, representatives of regulatory and advisory institutions, market actors and other farmers) with a special emphasis on supporting farmers to sell goods and to establish business relationships. He needs to support RMF and LOST in the design of their networking events, taking into account the available budget per partner for these events.
a. RMF target for networking events: 7 networking events targeting a total of 775 attendees (Lebanese and Syrian).
b. LOST target for networking events: 20 networking events targeting a total of 600 attendees (Lebanese and Syrian).
The consultant should meet with the involved staff of WHH (HOP and implementation Expert), RMF program manager, LOST Project Manager, and Jean-Paul II (Head of Rural Development Program) to be able to cover this component.
Geographical area :
The Project participants are from Bekaa, Akkar, and North Lebanon. However, the connections and linkages should be done across Lebanon and even outside Lebanon to linkages to export markets.
- Reviewing and conducting the needed amendements on the networking strategies developed by partners
- The consultant should propose the Topic/Theme of each networking event, the best timing for leading this event, the location, and the list of invitees.
- The consultant should provide the List of potential actors (Suppliers, Exporters, and Food processors…) after checking their readiness to take part in our program
- These actors should be ready to participate in the networking events and to provide tangible options for formal and informal business relationships with our participants leading to effective and efficient results such as contracts, long-term agreements
- Master’s degree in economic development or any related field
- At least 5 years of experience in providing business consultancy field.
- Knowledge of local market
- Experience in designing and implementing marketing strategies
- Experience in value chain development and a good understanding of agricultural value chain
- Proven skills in conducting market research and similar assignments
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in Arabic, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good in English
The mission should be done in 4 weeks
How to apply
Interested candidates should send:
- A cover letter indicating previous experience and relevant technical skills.
- (Reference Letters) the details of two people who will serve as professional references.
- Technical Proposal
- Detailed Financial Offer
- Supplier Declaration form – (filled and signed (stamp if any)
Information Session Details:
WHH will be hosting an online information session to provide insights into the role and answer any questions you may have.
- Date: January 10th, 2024
- Time: 10:00 AM
Confirmation Deadline for Info Session Attendance: January 8th, 2024
Applications should be sent to [email protected] before Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 5 PM.
If you need further information or clarification, contact [email protected]Expired