Public Call for Tender nb. 83452701 Framework agreement for Travel Management Services - GIZ Office Beirut 18.9207.4-001.00
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector, and governments of other countries. GIZ works with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. GIZ’s main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Together with our partners in national governments worldwide and cooperation partners from the worlds of business, research and civil society, we work flexibly to deliver effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
Since opening its office in Beirut, GIZ has been supporting the German-Lebanese development cooperation. With the overall aim of sustaining the country’s stability, promoting its economic growth and improving the living conditions of the population in Lebanon, GIZ works in the areas of education, water, sustainable economic development, and social participation and conflict transformation. GIZ coordinates closely with the Lebanese Government to implement its projects in alignment with national policies. In Lebanon, our main commission party is BMZ with substantial co-funding from the European Union.
Approximately 150 employees are currently working for GIZ in Lebanon. The GIZ Office Beirut intends to establish a framework agreement with a travel agency to provide airline ticketing services for its domestic, regional and international operations in Lebanon and in the region.
The service provider to be identified (“Travel agency ”) will be required to sign a contract with the GIZ to perform travel services specified under this Terms of Reference and agreeing to clearly identified service levels. The contract will be an initial two (2) years contract, with the option to extend the contract for additional two more years.
The service provider will be responsible for the procurement of airline tickets (domestic, regional and international) for the GIZ Office Beirut and its joint programs. The proposed contract with the Contractor “Travel agency ” will cover airline ticketing and incidental services such as insurance, delivery, processing refunds, re-bookings and cancellations and preparation of suitable itineraries (including alternative routings, departures and arrivals) for GIZ staff members (for purpose of official) and government officials and participants attending meetings or on official business for the GIZ.
The bidders who are interested in participating in the tender must read and comply with the instructions and the Terms of Reference contained in the tender document.
3. The Tender Documents consist of:
- Annex 1- Terms of Reference
- Annex 2- General terms and conditions of contract (to be signed, dated and stamped)
- Annex 3- Self-declaration on EU Russia sanctions (to be signed, dated and stamped)
- Annex 4- Eligibility Assessment Grid (Just for your information, not to be filled out)
- Annex 5- Technical Assessment Grid (Just for your information, not to be filled)
- Annex 6 -Financial Offer template
How to apply
Tender documents may be obtained in writing by email only, latest till Friday 8th of December 2023 13:00. Please refer to the email address: [email protected]
Noting that in your e-mail the subject should be: Company Name- Travel Management Services – 83452701
Submission of bids:
If you are willing to provide the service, you are kindly requested to abide by the following instructions:
The offers/Proposals shall be sent in TWO separate emails to the following email:
Latest by Friday 15th of December 2023, till 14:00 o’clock (Beirut Local Time).
Note: Sending your offers to any other email address or non-compliance with any of the mentioned conditions will result in rejecting your participation in this tender.
Two Emails shall be sent, one for the Technical Offer and another email for the Financial Offer.
Your email subject lines shall be named as follows:
- Company Name/Technical offer/ Tender no. 83452701
- Company Name/ Financial offer/ Tender no. 83452701
- The offers shall be submitted in English language only.
- The offers shall be signed & stamped.
- The financial offer must be in USD only including VAT, should be valid at least for Four Months after the submission date (Please mention it in your offer).
- You shall not be reimbursed for your submitted offers.
Technical and Financial offers/Proposals (in two Separate Emails),
1. Technical Offer/Proposal which consists of:
- Technical-methodological concept (as per chapter 3)
- Eligibility Requirements (as per chapter 6)
- Technical proposal shall be signed, dated, and stamped.
- Company’s Portfolio or background.
- Company’s legal documents, company registration and MoF registration.
- GIZ general terms and conditions signed, dated, and stamped.
- Self-declaration EU-Russia sanctions signed, dated, and stamped.
- Kindly note that any price indication of any item in the technical offer may lead to disqualification.
2. Financial Offer/Proposal, which should consist of:
- Financial proposal in USD including Taxes/VAT (annex 6 - Financial Offer).
- Financial proposal includes the date and the company’s Tax registration number at the Ministry of Finance.
- Bank account details of the company inside Lebanon.
- The financial assessment will be concluded on the basis that 50% of the score will go to the offered profit margin percentage, and 50% to the summation of the tickiting service fees.
Detailed instructions of the contents of your offer/proposal and the mode of presentation/submission are attached both in the ToR and Technical Assessment Grid.
The technical offer has a weighting of T:70% and the price offer F:30%
The following formula will be used:
Technical evaluation of bid * 70% / Technical evaluation of best bid + most economical bid*30% / price of bid
- The currency of the contract is USD. The employer shall not be responsible for any currency fluctuation.
- The payment will be made via bank transfer to the company’s local bank account “fresh money”.
- Please note that in case you did not receive any notification in writing within 4 weeks after the deadline for submitting the offers/quotations, it shall indicate that your offer has not been accepted. You shall not receive separate notice to this effect.
- Non -compliance may result in your bid not to be considered.
N.B. The maximum mailbox receive size is capped at 25 MB. Documents exceeding the mentioned MB should be transferred via : Start (giz.de) (Provide the password)Expired