Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Lebanon
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address [email protected] and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - EU Delegation to Lebanon, Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travels, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidates are not able to present the required documents, their application will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must undertake to apply for a relevant entrance visa and / or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
- Contribute to finding background material and drafting briefings on political, economic and other matters in Lebanon;
- Monitor developments and contribute to reporting on pertinent regional matters (incl. relations with the Gulf countries, Iran, Turkey etc.);
- Assist in preparing and accompanying incoming visits from HQ;
- Support in the preparations of events and field visits by EU Delegation staff;
- Assist in preparing EU coordination and other external meetings.
Qualifications or special requirements:
Taking into account the local health and security conditions, only applicants currently residing in Lebanon will be considered;
- University degree in international relations, diplomacy, political science, law, economics or similar;
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking); knowledge of French and Arabic is an asset;
- Willingness to work autonomously and deal with a high number of varying topics on a daily basis;
- Readiness to work in a multinational team;
- Ability to write well-researched, well-structured, concise, precise and comprehensible texts on complex matters;
- Advanced computer skills in basic IT tools (word, excel, zoom, webex etc.)