All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: January 11, 2023
Interested in this position? Apply here!
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC has been responding to various humanitarian crises in Lebanon since 2004, working with Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees. DRC received registration from the Ministry of Interior in 2011, and since then has focused primarily on responding to the Syrian refugee crisis in Lebanon and the resulting impact on Lebanese host community. DRC Lebanon’s focus is to ensure that we are able to respond to critical emerging humanitarian needs whilst improve the living conditions of displacement-affected populations and contribute to the achievement of durable solutions. With an annual portfolio of $12million, and with approximately 200+ staff, DRC is focusing its response in protection and economic recovery (Ec-Rec) sector in Bekka, North Lebanon and Beirut. DRC is also contributing to the evidence base and coordination structures in country through our Evidence Generation and referral information management (RIMs) teams.
About the job
The MEAL Manager is responsible for the management of MEAL and IM teams and development of MEAL and IM systems, processes and tools based on DRC’s Programme Frameworks and MEAL Strategy. The MEAL Manager will review the country's MEAL strategy, develop a work plan and ensure the division of roles and responsibilities among the staff, while strengthening the accountability and learning components.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Review, update and roll out the MEAL and IM strategies and workplans, while ensuring the integration with the Programme strategy;
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the MEAL, IM and Programme staff regarding MEAL/IM activities; Support with the review of the organization’s MEAL/IM structure in the country and area offices;
- Review and improve the MEAL systems, procedures, tools and practices based on the Programmes Frameworks and MEAL/IM strategies; Ensure the development of MEAL frameworks per Programme;
- Provide technical directions and guidance for the development of outcome/impact indicators, tools and processes;
- Support in the theories of change for the Programmes;
- Support in the development of MEAL framework for the localization process of DRC;
- Lead on the strengthening of the Accountability practices and processes based on DRC’s new community-based FCRM toolkit;
- Lead the design and planning of external evaluations and engagement with external consultants;
- Support in the budgeting of the MEAL/IN Units;
- Represent DRC Lebanon at relevant inter-agency MEAL and potentially other working groups;
- Lead the process of CHS self-assessment across all offices;
- Manage the performance of MEAL/IM staff by setting clear workplans, learning objectives, supporting them with day-to-day tasks, providing technical guidance and frequent feedback.
- Provide technical MEAL support for the ongoing projects and contribute to fundraising efforts, including the designing and development of the new project proposals.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Programme.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Master’s degree in social sciences, community or international development, public health, social work or similar. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- At least 3 years of senior experience in MEAL in a humanitarian organization;
A cumulative of at least 10 years of experience working in the MEAL Sector.
- Strong experience in building MEAL systems and strategies and building capacities;
- Knowledge and/or experience implementing the requirements of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership/Core Humanitarian Standard.
- Experience in managing large national teams;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 8 months
Band: F - Management
Start date: February 2023
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]