All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 29 October 2020 (interviews might take place on a rolling basis)
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
Fulfil daily accounting tasks and assist in coordinating financial functions and services related to cash distribution to beneficiaries in Beirut. Produces relevant financial previsions and reports on a regular basis. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Transfers and payments
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents
- Support in other finance related tasks when requested by Finance Manager
Planning and reporting
- Prepare and assist in issuing donor reports
- Support the development of new proposals with financial information for budgeting
- Reporting as required (NSSF, income taxes, VAT…)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
Support to Beirut Blast response:
- Support with review of partner financial documentation and financial reports
- Support partners to facilitate financial compliance if required
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a university Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in financial/accounting field
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- 2-year Valid Driving license
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 6 months’ renewable upon funding and performance
Band/Level: H2 – salary equivalent to 1750 USD
Start date: November 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact [email protected]