WASH Volunteers (6 Vacancies)
- Upon submission, please include "WASH Volunteer" in the subject of the email.
- Please include the details of three professional references in your CV (Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Company's name).
- Concern is an Equal Opportunities Employer and any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to disqualify your application.
The WASH Volunteer, with the guidance of Social Activity Coordinator and WASH Project Manager, will implement surveys in the field under the EU project in North Lebanon Governorate (Mashta Hammoud). His/her duties will include executing the surveys in the field, reporting the results to the Social Coordinator/Project Manager, identifying and mentioning all possible issues arising during his/her activities in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of surveys in the field for the EU project:
- Visit Mashta Hammoud Municipality where Concern is working under this project to collect information from beneficiaries or other stakeholders
- Use of Concern’s IT tools for the implementation of the surveys in the field
- Report these data to the Social Coordinator/WASH Project Manager., in a clear, precise and correct way
- Report any issues, questions and remarks mentioned by the people targeted by the survey
- Participate in disseminating information to the communities through information management tools
- Provide general support to the Social Coordinator/Project Manager
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner and stakeholders and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Actively participate in Concern accountability initiatives (communication strategy, participation and CRM for example) ensuring that they are integrated in to the project
- Support Concern’s work in Lebanon by undertaking other tasks as appropriate and required
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Attitude Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Good computer skills: MS Office, email
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact with other people effectively and diplomatically
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny
- Ability to work within deadlines, prioritizing competing demands and under pressure
- Ability to negotiate and assist in the resolution of disputes/conflict
- A belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people
- Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of others especially female refugees
- Previous experience working with humanitarian organisations is desirable
- Established network of contacts with local government authorities in North is desirable
- Non-judgmental attitude and respect for Concern’s beneficiaries, other staff and people that Concern deals with
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices