Cost Control in Tourism and Hospitality Businesses Consultant - ARE Activity
Qualified applicants must submit their resume to LebanonAre Recruitment on: [email protected] and write in the subject line: "Cost Control in Tourism and Hospitality Businesses Consultant". Applications that do not follow this naming methodology in the subject line will not be considered. Following screening of eligible candidates who meet the needs of ARE activity, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening and interviewing. Phone calls will not be accepted. Cover letter is not required. Applications must be submitted by August 26, 2023, any applications after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Applicants must submit the below deliverables to [email protected] to be eligible for screening:
- Copy of national ID or passport
- Copy of higher education degrees
- Daily consulting rate
- Three references contact details; references that do not include name, title, phone, and email will not be accepted
- Ministry of Finance registration “ تسجيل مؤسسة” or “ مهنة حرة”. If not provided, 7.5% tax will be deducted from invoice/daily rate
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) activity, funded by USAID and implemented by Chemonics International, supports Lebanese rural and peri-urban communities to obtain technical and financial resources in order to facilitate increased productivity, sales, and exports, improved business income, while also ensuring livelihood sustainability. To support this purpose, ARE will increase jobs; improve incomes; improve female participation and employment opportunities; increase domestic and export sales; increase private sector investment; improve access to finance; link value chain actors to domestic and international markets; and improve production through improved practices, technology, increased volume, and/or decreased cost. ARE supports two key expected results:
1. Increased domestic and export sales at both firm and farm levels.
2. Livelihoods improved, especially in rural areas and for women.
Summary of Position
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) program is supporting multiple tourism and hospitality MSMEs and is seeking targeted technical advisory and support to conduct coaching sessions on cost control strategies, techniques and tools in the tourism and hospitality services.
The cost control specialist will closely follow up on the coaching sessions design and delivery with ARE team.
The objective of this advisory service is to:
- Improve the management skills of ARE tourism partners and enable them to apply cost control strategies and techniques in their businesses.
- Build partners’ capacity and know-how on effective cost control in tourism and hospitality.
- Help ARE partners optimize their operations and achieve better financial results.
- Help ARE partners increase their effectiveness and reduce their cost.
Deliverables and Timeline
1. Assess the cost structure and conduct a gap analysis on cost control for each of the partners and draft a report summarizing the results of the assessment: 22 Days
2. Design individual coaching sessions for the partners on cost control strategies and techniques: 3 Days
3. Prepare tailor made tools and procedures for each of the partners to be used in their cost-related management procedures to optimize their operations and reduce their cost: 3 Days
4. Deliver the individual coaching sessions, train thepartners on tailor-made cost control tools and procedures and provide the trainees with a digital copy of the coaching sessions material and a simplified digital tool: 22 Days
5. Prepare a final report on the intervention: 1 Day
The estimated LOEs suggested in the table for each milestone are indicative and non-binding yet with a
total LOE ceiling up to 51 workings days (not to exceed).
Place of Assignment
The Cost Control in Tourism and Hospitality Businesses Consultant is expected to travel to the areas of operation to conduct field visits to the physical location of ARE partners and SMEs to be assessed. He/she is welcome to work from ARE’s program office space in Beirut if needed.
The Cost Control in Tourism and Hospitality Businesses Consultant will report directly to the ARE Program Manager and/or Program Director and/or DCOP/CTO.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in one or several of the following areas: Business Management,
- Finance, Accounting, Tourism & Hospitality or other relevant degree.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, especially in Cost Control in Lebanon or the region.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic required
Government employees: any person paid by the Lebanese Government, occupying an established position, either temporary or permanent, part-time or full-time, within a Lebanese Government institution.
Individual consultants or firms that appear on the List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Non-Procurement Programs. The list can be found at http://epls.gov.