Awareness & Community Engagement Expert
Interested applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs to the email address: [email protected] with the position title as the subject. Candidates are going to be shortlisted and interviewed on rolling basis and not until the deadline is over.
Chemonics International is an international development company based in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Since 1975, we have worked in 150 countries around the world, and we are currently implementing 118 projects in 84 countries. Our main partner is the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and we also work with foreign donors such as the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID) and the Global Fund. We have more than 4,000 staff in our project offices around the world, and more than 500 staff based in our headquarters in Washington, D.C.
1. Project Background
The Lebanon Community Support Program (CSP) is a multi-year project funded by USAID to support municipalities and underserved and vulnerable communities in providing better services and enhanced economic opportunities to improve lives and reduce tensions that contribute to conflict and violence, primarily in Lebanon’s North, South, and Beqaa regions. Under Task Order No. 3 (TO 3), the project will provide technical assistance to municipalities, civil society organizations (CSOs), the private sector, or other entities to increase capacity and ensure sustainable impact in providing key essential services. The main objective of this 5-year task order is to support Component 3 (Capacity Building) of the CSP Program by delivering technical assistance to enhance the sustainability of CSP interventions under Component 1 (Community Stabilization Support) and Component 2 (Community Development Support), and if required, under future Task Orders.
2. Summary of Position
The Expert will assist TO 3 team in the actual delivery of technical assistance to partner communities/organizations. The technical assistance could come in the form of standard trainings, on-the-job trainings, troubleshooting, and provision of technical assistance tools such as guidelines, TIP Sheets, policies, procedures and/or checklists for the improved functioning of targeted organizations.
3. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Awareness & Community Engagement Expert
- Facilitate workshops/sessions with several local actors to develop a “Community Awareness Participation Plan (CAPP)”. The CAPP should detail the targeted stakeholders, the different awareness activities, the roles and responsibilities of each local actor based on their experience and their volunteers’ capacity and schedule, the timeframe, the expected results and most importantly the proof of awareness delivery, and the monitoring and evaluation documents that need to be gathered per activity (attendance sheets, photos etc..)
- Draft the CAPP and explain the CAPP to the local actors to make sure that each organization is aware of its roles and responsibilities
- Conduct On- the-Job- Trainings (OJT), during the CAPP implementation, to provide guidance and corrective measures to the local actors, whenever needed
- 8+ years of experience in community engagement
- Experience in developing community engagement plans
- Proven experience in:
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance
- Awareness Raising
- Conflict Resolution
- Group Facilitation and Group Dynamics
- Community Communication
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across diverse sets of stakeholders
- Experience working across Lebanon, specifically in the North, South, and Bekaa regions preferred
- Experience working with local municipalities and Civil Society organizations
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English required
5. Eligibility Criteria
Interested individual experts shall have the capacity to enter a short-term technical assistance (STTA) contract and shall have a satisfactory performance record and record of integrity and business ethics.
6. Ineligible Experts:
- Government employees.
- Individual experts that appear on the List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Non-Procurement Programs.
7. Location of the Assignment
The expert will be liaising with CSP TO 3 team at CSP offices in Sin-El-Fil and will be traveling to project field locations to design and deliver technical assistance.
The experts will be reporting to TO 3 Municipal and CSO Capacity Building Managers.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants that can legally work in Lebanon will be considered for employment based on their qualifications without discrimination.