Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) Activity - Call for Tourism Service Providers and Organizations
About the USAID-Funded Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) Activity in Lebanon:
The Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) Activity, funded by USAID and implemented by Chemonics International, has a three-year base period, two Option Years, and three Increased Quantity Options (IQO). Both option years have been activated, bringing the project to five years in addition to one IQO. ARE is designed to develop rural economies in Lebanon through supporting the recovery, stabilization, and growth of Lebanon’s ecotourism, adventure tourism, agro-tourism, gastronomy, and wine sectors, among other rural development-related objectives.
The USAID funded Lebanon Agriculture and Rural Empowerment (ARE) activity, implemented by Chemonics International, intends to provide technical assistance to tourism service providers & organizations (Local Tour Operators and entities selling Tour Packages only), working in the Rural Tourism Development Sector.
Specifically, under this activity, ARE intends to achieve the following two objectives:
- Increased Domestic and Export Sales;
- Improve the Productivity of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
This will be achieved on the level of Training and Capacity Building as follows:
Working with tourism service providers & organizations (Local Tour Operators and entities selling Tour Packages only) to improve business performance, quality of service provision, and marketing. Focus areas for training and capacity building are Travel Agencies, Online Travel Agencies, Travel Resellers/wholesalers, Tour operators, Associations of tourism stakeholders, Tourism Marketing Organizations, Syndicates of tourism stakeholders, Non-profit Organizations.
How to apply
An Information Session will be scheduled on June 13, 2023, and Participants will be selected to attend based on 1) their primary business activity, 2) their legal status, and 3) their interest in developing and selling experiential Local Tour Packages exclusively. This session will allow eligible and interested applicants the chance to ask questions about this call.
Eligible Applicants will be selected based on the below:
- Primary business activity: Activities must include selling tour packages as part of one of the following: 1) Tour Operator, 2) Travel Agent, 3) Online Travel Agent, 4) Travel Reseller/wholesaler, 5) Association of tourism stakeholders, 6) Tourism Marketing Organization, 7) Syndicate of tourism stakeholder, 8) Non-profit Organization.
- Legal status: Companies or organizations must be legally registered under the laws of the Lebanese Republic upon award of the support.
- Interest in developing and selling experiential Local Tour Packages exclusively.
If you are working in the Rural Tourism Development Sector and entities selling Local Tour Packages, please assist us by filling out the below survey. Deadline: June 5, 2023.Expired