Livelihoods Project Manager
To apply, send an email with the subject “CESVI Livelihoods PM position” to [email protected] with your cv, and cover letter. Any applications without this subject or missing the requested documents will be disregarded. The deadline to apply is 31 July 2023.
CESVI has been operating in Lebanon in response to the multitude of socio-economic, financial, security and development needs found across the country since 2001. Strain on resources, which was already present but exacerbated by the war and political unsettlement in Syria leading to a massive influx of vulnerable refugees, has affected all corners of livelihoods as well as the state’s ability to respond to the needs of individuals residing in the country. The purpose of the action implemented by CESVI is to contribute to reducing the negative impact on health and environment produced by pollution and contamination of air, soil, and water in Lebanon in accordance with SDF 3.9 by developing models of environmental and social responsibility via developing waste management systems for 20 MSMEs In Hasbaya, Saida and Tyre. This will be done by responding to limited and polluting production systems, characterized by a scarcity of sustainable investments, as well as lack of financial resources and awareness. The participating MSMEs will receive support in the form of capacity building (trainings and coaching), financial grants, and a fully functioning data system which will allow them to track their waste production to generate waste reduction and reuse strategies. These activities are implemented within the framework of the “WASTE or RESOURCE: Enterprises and Municipalities’ Environmental and Social Responsibility” Project, funded by AICS Rome and in collaboration with CELIM, OXFAM, POLIMI, ISF Milan, and the municipalities of Chebaa and Hasbaya.
As the Project Manager, your responsibilities will span across a variety of different tasks related to project implementation, including collaborating with and providing feedback to project consultants that will be conducting business development and environmental protection training sessions for project MSMEs, overseeing financial grants for businesses to implement environmental protection mechanisms, and supervising the Life Cycle Assessment conducted by the project’s university intern in collaboration with CESVI’s environmental consultant, and leading an environmental awareness campaign. You will also be expected to withhold CESVI’s standard operating procedures and make sure the supported projects are in line with the ISO14000 environmental management system certification.
Finally, your role in networking, relationship-building and facilitating synergies among beneficiaries and strategic stakeholders will be pivotal to the success of the project.
Cesvi has a zero tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners. Cesvi commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
- Advanced degree in business administration, management, entrepreneurship, communications or similar
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in managing relevant projects and coordinating programs
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in contributing to initiatives that provide MSME support, business development and expansion and networking
- Knowledge of the local context, constraints faced by local small and medium enterprises, and the waste crisis in the country is mandatory
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to needs of vulnerable populations
- Good communication and diplomatic skills, and demonstrated experience in networking and building effective partnerships
- Previous experience in Livelihoods, Social Entrepreneurship, and/or investment is highly desirable
- Capacity to work independently, strong strategic and creative thinking
- Very flexible, result-oriented and with a positive attitude
- Good team player, proactive and problem-solver
- Honest, trustworthy and respectful
- Accepting of diversity
- Deadline and quality-oriented
- Capable of expressing oneself in a clear and articulate manner
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic is essential; French is a plus
- Fluency in Arabic
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Knowledge of data collection tools (ie: Kobo, ODK) and methodologies (ie: PDM, baseline-endline assessments)
- Familiarity with project management and planning tools
- Forward and digitally oriented thinking
- A good knowledge of organizational transformation
- Previous experience in projects related to environmental protection, solid waste management and/or alternative energy
- Previous experience in working in a consortium
- Previous experience with AICS funded projects
Daleel Madani, the civil society network, serves as a platform for organisations to post their professional opportunities, but is not involved in the recruitment process. The hiring organisation is solely responsible for the job and candidate selection.