Please send your application to [email protected] with the subject: Your Name/Last Name_Admin-Logistics Officer. All applications should include a CV and Cover Letter in English along with the contact details of three references. The selection process will consist of a written test, interview and references check. Please be informed that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the expiration of the deadline, should a suitable candidate be selected. Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WORK CONTEXT :
Cesvi has been active in Lebanon since 2001 in different areas: North, South and Mount Lebanon, Nabatieh and Beirut. Funded by institutional donors and private foundations, Cesvi's projects cover a broad range of thematic sectors both in emergency relief and development. Since 2013 Cesvi has been responding to the spillover of the Syrian Crisis, paying special attention to Livelihood, Education and Protection sectors, in close collaboration with local authorities, partners, CSOs, international agencies and other stakeholders. Since 2015, Cesvi is an active member of the Lebanon Humanitarian INGO Forum (LHIF) and lead agency of the LHIF Working Group on Youth Programming. Cesvi is a member of LCRP Inter-Agency Coordination and takes part to the National Working Groups of Livelihoods, Social Stability and Education.
Cesvi is currently implementing the following projects: the project “Resilient Education: infrastructures and educational services for communities of Beirut and Mount Lebanon”, funded by the Italian Agency of Development and Cooperation (AICS) and in cooperation with ACTED and the local NGO HOOPs Club; "Youth Empowerment for Social Impact (YESI)" funded by the Europan Union and implemented in cooperation with the local NGO Al Majmoua, which is focused on the promotion of youth empowerment through inclusive, innovative and sustainable models of social entrepreneurship.
The Admin-Logistics Officer will work under the supervision of Cesvi Head of Mission (HoM) and will be responsible for the preparation, planning and implementation of all administration and logistical aspects of the programs in close coordination with the staff.
S/he will work in close collaboration with the Project Staff (both local and international)
S/he will perform and oversee tasks related to finance and accounting.
S/he will support Cesvi in procurement procedures.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the country mission
MAIN TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Admin-Logistics Officer will perform and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Perform financial calculations to support financial transactions
- Support in the development of new budgets for project proposals
- Assist in the project forecasts and update of expenditures
- Collect and record cheque payments and/or cash as received
- Manage petty cash, cashbook and related files
- Provide support for procurement procedures and local taxation issues
- Prepare financial documentation and fulfill forms, documents, etc. related to accounting
- Cooperate with Cesvi management in managing financial activities, following Cesvi and donor regulations and procedures
- Keep relations with suppliers and contractors
- When needed, assist with translation of documents from Arabic to English and vice versa
- Manage the functioning of the office: rent, bills, equipment, stationery and other related running costs
- Conduct field visits, if needed, in order to accomplish to the above mentioned task
- Support the Head of Mission in the oversight of security procedures and risk management
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Degree in Business, Administration, Logistics or relevant field of study, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years' post qualification experience in a finance/accounting and logistic role, preferably in the NGO sector
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Accountancy skills and ability to prepare financial reports
- Proven experience in carrying out procurement procedures
- Proven Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel as well other database & accounting software
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Good knowledge of local tax laws
- Possession of valid driver's license
- Very flexible and with a positive attitude
- Good team player and proactive attitude in problem solving
- Honest, trustworthy, and respectful
- With cultural awareness and sensitivity to needs of vulnerable populations
- Able to work independently under tight deadlines
- Able to observe deadlines and achieve results