Senior Fundraising and Reporting Officer
Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected] indicating “Senior Fundraising and Reporting Officer” in the subject of the email by April 30th, 2021.
The interview process will be ongoing, and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
The CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
As of August 2020, the Lebanese Center for Human Rights is involved in a one year emergency response plan. CLDH aims to assist those who have been affected by the Beirut blast on several aspects by providing the following pro-bono services: legal aid and consultations, medical assistance, psycho-social support and cash assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Fundraising and Reporting officer directly reports to the Executive Director.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
● Ensuring sustainability of organizational budget in coordination with the Program Manager
● Researching and identifying potential donors and partners
● Drafting letters of inquiry, concept notes, and funding applications as necessary
● Managing ongoing portfolio of donors for current projects (progress and final reporting, no-cost extension requests, contract addendums, etc.)
● Ensuring smooth communication between CLDH and donors: sharing briefs on supported projects on a regular basis
●Ensuring reporting is done on time with proper internal review by relevant staff and board members
●Assisting the team in providing adequate data for reporting on a monthly basis. This would include project journals, activity reports, and program’s dashboards
- A minimum of 4 year in a similar position
- Good communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and French languages. Arabic is a an asset.
The Senior Fundraising and Reporting Officer is based in the CLDH office in Dora.