Nassim Center Coordinator
Interested applicants should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] indicating “Nassim Center Coordinator” in the subject of the email by March 7th, 2021.
The interview process will be ongoing, and might end upon receiving a qualified candidate for the position.
The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism and rehabilitates the victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
As of August 2020, the Lebanese Center for Human Rights is involved in a one-year emergency response plan. CLDH aims to assist those who have been affected by the Beirut blast on several aspects by providing the following pro-bono services: legal aid and consultations, medical assistance, psycho-social support and cash assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Nassim Center Coordinator will report directly to the Program Coordinator.
The main duties include:
- Coordinate the rehabilitation activities of Nassim Center for Victim of Torture, Enforced disappearance, and Beirut Blast
- Make sure specialists and staff are performing effectively by setting action plans and targets
- Organize the workflow of the rehabilitation center services
- Continuous monitoring of the activities in coordination with other staff members.
- Make sure services are being provided per CLDH policies and guidelines
- Set weekly meetings with concerned staff to make sure staff are functioning effectively
- Send detailed reports about the emergency response activities to the Program Coordinator
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar position
- Good communication skills and team player
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French languages.
Nassim Center Coordinator is based in the CLDH office in Achrafieh with weekly visits to CLDH main office in Dora.