The Lebanese Center for Human Rights (CLDH) is a local non-profit, non-partisan Lebanese human rights organization based in Beirut. CLDH was created in 2006 by the Franco-Lebanese Movement SOLIDA (Support for Lebanese Detained Arbitrarily), which has been active since 1996 in the struggle against arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and the impunity of those perpetrating gross human rights violations.
CLDH monitors the human rights situation in Lebanon, fights enforced disappearance, impunity, arbitrary detention and racism, as well as offering rehabilitation for victims of torture. CLDH regularly organizes press conferences, workshops and advocacy meetings on human rights issues in Lebanon and collects, records and documents human rights abuses in reports and press releases.
CLDH team on the ground supports initiatives aimed at determining the fate of all missing persons in Lebanon.
CLDH regularly follows up on numerous cases of arbitrary detention and torture in Lebanon in coordination with Lebanese and international organizations, and with the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention WGAD and the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture.
The volunteer will work with CLDH team on different axes including but not limited to:
- Preparing lectures about Human Rights in Lebanon, at schools and/or universities, or other places.
- Creating social media content around human rights topics, awareness posts, and legal information.
- Expanding social media strategy: posting on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and CLDH Website according to developed schedules on a consistent basis.
- Evaluating social media engagement with the audience according to available reports and modifying content accordingly.
- Assist in covering CLDH's events (live coverages, shootings...) and/or different activities.
- Create content for CLDH events
- Conduct Human Rights related awareness events in coordination with other organizations
- Good communication skills and team player
- Shows ethics and confidentiality regarding all work-related cases
- Fluency in Arabic. English and French are an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
The volunteer should have a clear interest in human rights and may come from any educational field or background.
The volunteer will work at CLDH office in Dora or in Baalbek.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CV to [email protected] indicating
“CLDH Volunteer” in the subject of the email by August 31st, 2020.Expired