Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae CVs to [email protected] and include " Administrative Assistant" in the Subject Title. Deadline for Application is November 29, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies (CLS) is looking to recruit an Administrative Assistant to work with the research team on various projects implemented by the Centre.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies is an academic research centre that works on projects in collaboration with educational institutions in the United Kingdoms and other international organisations. CLS was established in 1984 by a group of Lebanese living abroad and opened an office in Lebanon in 2012 where it is currently affiliated and based at the Lebanese American University (LAU).Projects covered by the Centre are related to education of refugees, curriculum topics, and disability projects.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating between the different project managers and admin staff at the Centre for Lebanese Studies. Admin Staff include the Operations Manager, Finance Officer and Media and Communication Manager.
- Acting as focal point for the stakeholder’s of the project and being responsible for the day-to-day management.
- Coordinate with different departments at the Lebanese American University to ensure project implementation properly including the protection, operations, hospitality department, and IT services at the university.
- Handle administrative tasks of all the projects of the Centre for Lebanese Studies.
- Follow up on the status of the overall projects and amend where necessary.
- Follow up on the payments of consultants based on the agreement between the parties.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining project documentation and filing system.
- Handle the Human Resources tasks and policies at the Centre for Lebanese Studies including drafting contracts for the consultants of the project and team members at CLS.
- Follow up on probationary and annual reviews of staff besides the contract renewal of current staff if needed.
- Assist in preparing logistic and administrative activities for holding projects’ workshops, meetings, and events through sending invitation, tracking registration of attendees, booking online meetings on zoom platform,booking of venues, hotels, compiling materials, and communicating with participants.
- Assist the Operations Manager in hosting online workshops and webinars.
- Assist the team with other activities as needed.
The Administrative Assistant will report on the above activities to the Operations Manager and support all CLS team members.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Good experience in using computer facilities required for developing the work as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point
- Good in verbal and written English and Arabic language
- Good communication, and facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and possess excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Strong team working skills and flexibility
- Hard working, detailed oriented, and able to manage multi-task effectively
- Good administration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
The Centre for Lebanese Studies offers equal opportunities for all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental needs.