As a project assistant for the Lebanon Emergency Response program you will provide assistance and support to the Senior Project Officer in the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective and efficient program administrative activities advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable and in line with CRS program quality principles and good practices. You will provide consistent and high-quality service and contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources to help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, relevant staff in other departments/teams and external stakeholders as relevant. Send/receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Provide specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g. translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g. payment requests, sub-agreements, amendments, project closure letters, etc.).
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes (e.g. various contact lists, employee leave balances, staff attendance reports, Vehicle Log Sheets review, visitors' welcome packages, etc.).
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required. Professional Diploma/Certificate or courses in Administration a plus.
- Experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams) and information management systems. Proficient in Word.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
Required Languages – Arabic and English. French is a plus.
Travel Required 25%
Key Working Relationships
Internal: All CRS staff
External: Visitors, consultants and partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Accountability and stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.