Psychotherapist - Zahle
In order to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the template on the following link:
A member of our Human Resources team will contact you soon if your profile is considered for the job vacancy, and if more information is needed. If you are not being approached by our Human Resources team, please consider your application automatically registered in our database.
Caritas Lebanon is committed to all Safeguarding Principles and will not tolerate any act in any shape or form of misuse regarding Child Safeguarding Policies and Sexual Exploitation Abuse or Harassment (SEA). All staff must understand that Caritas Lebanon will apply a zero-tolerance policy to SEA and any harassment of any type. Caritas Lebanon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Moreover, Caritas Lebanon will not share any personal data with anyone outside Caritas Lebanon whatsoever unless requested by Law. All applicants are strictly required to adhere to these standards. Therefore, the selected applicant shall be requested to provide additional information to conduct the needed background check.
In addition, Caritas Lebanon will reserve its rights not to hire any applicant who was previously reported for a SEA incident.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to provide structured clinical assessments and clear case formulation: Assess the needs of the students on the cognitive, behavioral, emotional levels
- Ability to use standardized assessment tools
- Use relevant psychological tests and assessment instruments when relevant to the need of the student and the expertise of the psychologist
- Provide initial clinical diagnosis if relevant to the need of the student and the expertise of the psychologist.
- Ability to developing a consistent and acceptable treatment plan with clear objectives in relevance to the need assessment with a logical and consistent timeframe that includes estimated dates for case evaluation, closure and post support check-up
- Provide continuous psychological support and when possible, structured therapy settings
- Use different relaxation & stress management techniques
- Discuss and share the treatment plans with the multidisciplinary teams in order to ensure the provision of a comprehensive and holistic care plan and highlight relevant recommendations. Work collaboratively with other team members specialists, school administration and teaching staff to assess student’s strengths and difficulties, educational challenges and means to empower learning and interpersonal relations.
- Ensure treatment plans are implemented as appropriate: involve teachers and parents in the implementation process, monitor potential progress, initiate plan modification and continuous assessment.
- Write psychological reports when needed and adhere to sustained follow-up meetings following psychological assessments
- At the end of the academic year, re-assess the student’s emotional/behavioral areas and re-adapt the treatment plan upon need.
- Ability to recognize mental health priority conditions as per the mhGAP
- Provide individual support, and students group counseling to improve areas of self-confidence, interpersonal skills. Help students to acquire problem solving techniques, decision making and coping skills, and behavior management.
- Conduct group support sessions for parents when needed.
- Conduct capacity building trainings for non MH staff in MH related areas e.g. Self help and stress management etc…
- Specialized in at least one evidence-based approach (e.g., CBT, Trauma Focused-CBT, IPT, EMDR).
- Monito and evaluate psychological progress of student
- Provide Psychological First Aid for students in crisis or during emergency settings
- Provide proper internal and external referral, with post-referral check-up
- Maintain proper documentation of mental health services provided as per the policies of the Education department
- Maintain irreproachable levels of confidentiality
- Participate in all internal meetings scheduled by the Education department
- Participate in all relevant internal trainings scheduled by the Education department
- Actively participate in the revision, design and conduction of any document used by the Education department in direct relevance to the psychological field of work (In relevance to the specific setting in which the psychologist is engaged)
- Participate in the construction of mental health awareness content
- Deliver awareness mental health sessions in group settings and conduct Mental Health Support Groups
- Follow Caritas Lebanon operational policy and procedures
- Respect the internal policies and procedures: dress code, attendance, discipline, etc.
- Complete schedules, plan activity, monitor staff availability and act against any shortfalls
- Resolve any staff issues and escalate any unresolved issue to the Center Coordinator
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager
- MA in Clinical Psychology
- A completed clinical training/practicum in a university center consisting of at least 100 hours of training under supervision and 300 hours of applied training
- Obtained a Lebanese colloquium certificate for clinical psychologists
- Obtained a License to practice the clinical psychology profession from the Ministry of Public Health
N.B: A letter of recommendation from a senior clinical psychologist supervisor (holder of a doctorate and/or a scholar) and membership in one of the registered psychological associations of Lebanon is preferable.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Interviewing skills
- Ability to develop rapport with the patient
- Excellent communication, problem solving, Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, Patience, Trustworthiness, Empathy, Analytical skills, Critical thinking
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to adhere to ethical considerations and principles with regard to work with vulnerable populations
Related Work Experience:
3-5 years of experience in a related field, previous experience working with children in vulnerable population is preferable
Related Work Experience:
- Fluency in Arabic and in English, French is a plus